weyhauser land permision

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
gian
Warrant Officer

weyhauser land permision

Post by gian » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:46 pm

I tried driving out to the Lake Klaus/ Bridges chain of lakes today and was stopped at the gate by someone telling me the mining trucks use that road and I wasn't allowed without written permission. Have any of you ever tried to contact weyhauser for permision to be on their land? Do they give permission? They seem to own most of the lower mountain region east of fall city.

I was also curious, if Klaus/ Bridges is under WDFWL rules, is it a public lake? And if so shouldn't there be public access to the lake without going on wehauser private property? Today would have been a perfect day to take some pictures of that chain of lakes for the website, instead I went on a 14 mile hike somewhere else.

Do any of you have contact information for weyhauser so I can try to get permision?
I won't kill anything less than a meal

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:weyhauser land permision

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:49 pm

Gian,

try this link http://www.weyerhaeuser.com/Businesses/ ... Washington

I realize that the map points to access in an area that you aren't looking at, but the phone # is at least a start on getting to your more specific area.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

gian
Warrant Officer

Post by gian » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:12 am

thanks for the link. I was hoping someone might have gone through the process before. I'll try calling on monday and see what kind of a response I get.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:47 am

You may get better results by contacting WDFW directly. If the lake is stocked, they will know the access information.

gian
Warrant Officer

Post by gian » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:09 pm

I found this online.

"At Snoqualmie, permit holders can check-in at the Spur 10 gate, located approximately 5 miles north of North Bend on the North Fork County Rd. In addition, the Griffin Creek Gate located northeast of Fall City off State Route 203 will be open on a limited basis during hunting season.

Access hours change throughout the recreation season. Permit holders can get up-to-date information by calling the Recreation Hotline at 1-866-636-6531. The Hotline has current information on access hours, vendors where permits and maps can be purchased and any special restrictions such as closures during fire season."

from what I read the permit was $65. ???? I'm going to call.

the number was no good
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt19
Petty Officer

Post by Matt19 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:50 pm

If you end up getting out to Klaus/Bridges/Boyle, I'd love to hear about it. Used to fish Klaus when I was a kid. I don't remember needing a permit back then. There were some nice Cutthroat and bass and perch as well.

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:13 pm

The number doesn't work anymore because it isn't Weyerhauser land anymore. I think the Nature Conservancy has it and the permit cost is in the $150-200 range. That's what was in the paper a year or so ago.

The $65 permit is back when Weyerhauser controlled the property.

gian
Warrant Officer

Post by gian » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:36 pm

150-200? I was pissed off at $65. I hope thats not the case. I think I'll contact WDFW to see if theres a back route in.

I ended up hiking griffen creek on the Snoqulmie tree farm, traveled 7 miles and then turned around without ever seeing the lake. I can't come to part with that much money to enable me to drive on 10 miles of logging road, to try and fish for the unknown. While I was at griffen someone passed me on the trail in a ford f150. There's got to be a way in.

I noticed the reports on this site are very old for the Klaus chain of lakes, I wonder if I found the reason why....

I could in theory park where I was stopped, and mountain bike in. I can hike 15 miles max, but on a mountain bike I could probably do 25. It just seems like a whole lot of effort for a lake I've never even seen.

green lake is starting to look pretty good right now. sigh

Carl762
Petty Officer

Post by Carl762 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:14 pm

You sound like a true man on a mission. I like the bike-in approach. This year, I plan on really exploring Washington's fishing. Driving distances are closer, roads better, a whole new world for me.

Good luck. I'll be keeping my eyes on this thread for your mission accomplished post.

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:29 am

I have heard the same things. You can walk or ride a bike in there without a permit, I think there might be some seasonal rules.

gian
Warrant Officer

Post by gian » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:11 pm

I just got this via email from WDFW

"Thank you for your e-mail correspondence to the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) Fish Program.

Boyle (24 acres), Bridges (34 acres) and Klaus (62 acres) lakes are three interconnected lakes on timber company property, located approximately four miles northeast of Snoqualmie, with Bridges to the north and Klaus to the south. All three have a last Saturday in April through October 31 open season. The inlet and outlet are closed to all fishing on all three lakes. They provide fair-to-good fishing for native Cutthroat Trout up to 16 inches. Largemouth Bass and Yellow Perch have been introduced. Vehicular access to the forest, managed by Hancock Forest Management, requires purchase of an annual access permit: call (360) 802-5595 for information. Access is also allowed without a permit by hiking or bicycling from Gate 10 on the North Fork County Road.

These lakes may or may not have public access, and it does not appear that WDFW stocks these lakes. WDFW regulates state lands and National Forest land, but private property is private property, regardless of whether the land belongs to the Weyerhaeuser Company or is a private residence. As per the Statewide Freshwater Rules, page 36 of the 2008/2009 Fishing In Washington Sport Fishing Rules regulation pamphlet lists 2 separate references to private property.

The first one, under “Open Listings” says: An "open" listing does not authorize anglers to trespass on private property (which often

includes the bed of the stream) or reservation lands. Please respect private property and reservation boundaries by contacting the land

owner before entering these waters. The second one states: REMINDER: A fishing license is not a license to trespass on private property.

For more detailed information, you may want to contact the WDFW Region 4 office, located in Mill Creek. Ask to speak with Chad Jackson, the district biologist for that particular area. Chad may be able to provide you with more specific information. You can reach the Mill Creek office by calling 425-775-1311 ext. 0, or Chad directly at ext. 113.

Please make sure you check for emergency rule changes before you harvest as follows:

Fishing Rule Change Hotline at (360) 902-2500 Shellfish Rule Change Hotline at 1-866-880-5431 Or, try our new searchable emergency rule link off our website at: https://fortress.wa.gov/dfw/erules/efishrules/index.jsp

Additionally, for shellfish, make sure to call the Dept. of Health Marine Toxins PSP Hotline at 1-800-562-5632.

If you have further questions, please email again or call (360) 902-2700. Our Customer Service hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Sincerely,

Fish Program"
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishunt83
Warrant Officer

Post by fishunt83 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:07 am

I think it works a lot like hunting does. Its public to fish, but you still need permission to get onto their property. $150 is cheap for a permit. The hunting one was over $300 this past year. I was going to hunt it because it has amazing game, but not for that price!
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

trout assault sean
Petty Officer

Post by trout assault sean » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:12 am

corporate assholes! they spoil salmon stream over near montesano, raymond and aberdeen! it pisses me off!
SENIOR THIS YEAR AT GRANITE FALLS HIGH SCHOOL
Almost have my drivers lisence.
I would rather be fishin' than sittin' in school wishin i was fishin'.
<')}}}}><

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:32 am

Gian,
Wow, sounds like a chore, and not positively productive one. Can't say I'm surprised by your findings though. I grew up in the Tri-Cities. Used to hunt out my back door. My Dad and I'd go on overnight fishing trips all along the Columbia, Yakima, and Snake rivers in and throughout southeast Washington, sometimes not more than 10 minutes from our house. As I grew up, access became more and more limited. People would either buy up property and post it, or the long-time owners would get sick of the land abuse, littering, etc. and potential legal issues that we've all seen become more and more prevalent through the years and just stop letting people use their property. Then public lands started posting no overnight camping or parking, so the places you could access were limited to what you could do too. Can't hunt anywhere near my folks house now and getting to the river to fish (at least in a decent place) is a chore in itself. It's nothing new and the high permit fees just seem like a sign of the times. It's the story of the few bad apples ruining it for the rest of us.
Thanks for doing the footwork and posting it. I'm sorry to hear of what you've encountered. I hope you either find a loop hole or find an easier (cheaper) place to explore and fish.
Good luck and tight lines.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moosestock
Angler

Post by Moosestock » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:15 pm

Hancock owns the old Weyerhaeuser land now. It is permit only access and the permits for that snoqualmie area are $200 for an annual permit. It is also $200 for a permit for the White River tree farm that Hancock also owns and $300 for access (Hancock) in the Kaposin tree farm. You have to have a seperate permit for each tree farm. I used to work for Weyerhaeuser and got mine for free before they sold the land and my job 6 years ago. This private thing is what is going on now pretty much everywhere. I do the White River for hunting and other recreation because I know it well. The bad news its $200....the good news is not everyone gets in there and you may not have that rip rafe that would break into your vehicle as your parked hunting or at the lake.............Les