Daughter got her first 2 trout today

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
triehl27
Petty Officer

Daughter got her first 2 trout today

Post by triehl27 » Sun May 25, 2008 1:27 pm

My 3year old got her first two trout today. We went out to a trout farm in Maple vally, the "links at Olson Mansion" Caught two right off the bat couldn't even get the line out for her to play with um a bit. No challenge at all, fish would have bit on a chrome bumper had I used it for a lure. These are not catch and release, and run 6.50 a catch. But you're guarenteed to catch one.

The Good News! She is uber excited now about fishing and wants to go again tonight ot tommorow. so we'll try our luck at angle lake maybe tonight or tommorrow. Although she refers to the fish as her friends she has gotten the idea that they will be dinner.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

RE:Daughter got her first 2 trout today

Post by fishaholictaz » Sun May 25, 2008 1:33 pm

:cheers: :cheers: Got to love it!!! :cheers: :cheers:

Way to go on the getting the kid fishing :thumleft:
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Sun May 25, 2008 5:33 pm

Outstanding! We have another one among our ranks. Better to be hooked on fishing than something else.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Sun May 25, 2008 10:45 pm

Awesome! I think a lot about a kids' attitude on fishing depends on their first several fishing adventures. She'll probably be 'hooked' (haha) forever now. Do you have any pictures?

Beerman
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sun May 25, 2008 11:08 pm

Isn't it a great feeling? My son caught his first fish about a month ago. Welcome to the club and congrats:salut:

ReelFisher
Petty Officer

Post by ReelFisher » Mon May 26, 2008 4:10 pm

My daughter was about the same age when she pulled out her first one as well and I didn't even bring the camera!
It really is amazing how quickly they get into it as long as the action is on.
Welcome to the site and we'll be looking forward to the future post's from the little ones fishing adventures!
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon May 26, 2008 4:18 pm

That is awesome triehl27. I can't wait to be able to take my kid out. Way to share the fun of fishing with your daughter.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;