Sprague Camping and fishing

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Rob1
Petty Officer

Sprague Camping and fishing

Post by Rob1 » Mon May 14, 2007 7:42 pm

My wife and me were thinking about going out to Sprague Lake this weekend to do a little camping and fishing for the elusive Walleye. I would like to know where the best place to set up a camp is. We have a tent, and a boat to fish in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We have never been there before.

Tight Lines

R

hewesfisher
Admiral

RE:Sprague Camping and fishing

Post by hewesfisher » Mon May 14, 2007 8:28 pm

Your only camping options are two private resorts Sprague Lake Resort or Four Seasons Resort. Camping is prohibited at the public launch on the south west end of the lake.
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Mossy
Lieutenant

Post by Mossy » Mon May 14, 2007 9:11 pm

there is overnight camping at the first public boat launch. It's the honor system of 3 or 4 dollar drop box thing.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Mon May 14, 2007 9:34 pm

If I were you I would stay at the four seasons. Iv never stayed there but I did stay at the other resort. The other resort has a dinky little floating dock that is never tied down so you almost fall every time you step on it. My kitchen had more stuff than the other store, ( not joking) and the is only a few spots to camp for 20$ a night. Ive never stayed at the four seasons but it is a lot bigger. It has a real dock that you can walk on LOL, The store is a a lot better (isnt the best) but it dosnt sell beer or smokes. The four seasons also has a pool. Im not sure if its up and running but it was last summer. Im not sure if youv seen the lake but, its not for swimming. We fished it in july but we did real good all night long. No walleye, but we were off the dock. All we used was a jig and a peace of worm. It was weird, there were so many bats flying around you had to lay your pole on the dock. If you had it propped up how you supposed too the bats would fly into your line at least every 5 seconds. The funny thing is it took us about a half hour to figure it out. You should have seen how pist we were because we kept missing the "bite"

Rob1
Petty Officer

Post by Rob1 » Tue May 15, 2007 8:30 pm

Thanks for the info guys! :d/