fishing lakes in spokane , wa.

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
tocool
Angler

fishing lakes in spokane , wa.

Post by tocool » Mon May 14, 2007 12:34 am

want to do some shore fishing in spokane . plan on taking the kids . any info. would cool

jmay
Lieutenant

RE:fishing lakes in spokane , wa.

Post by jmay » Mon May 14, 2007 7:37 am

Fish lake South of Cheney is nice because access is a county park, when the kids get bored they can play on a jungle jim, and there in a lot of shore access

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon May 14, 2007 9:15 am

I just loaded a video on Fish Lake near Spokane that you can watch. First, log in, then go to the Members button on the top of the page and pull down Videos.
There is plenty of shoreline to fish from, plus a dock. There are Tiger Trout, Browns and Brooks in the lake. It's a great lake to take the family to. Good luck.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Mon May 14, 2007 9:28 am

Spokane is the right place to go fishing. It is full of lakes and has some great river acces as well. What kind of fish would you want to catch?

tocool
Angler

Post by tocool » Mon May 14, 2007 11:24 pm

my target fish is bass . the kids don`t care . judging by the great videos , i think the kids fishing time span will be about 3.5 seconds ! can`t wait !!!!!!! thanks for the great infor.

bustin
Warrant Officer

Post by bustin » Mon May 14, 2007 11:57 pm

Ihave been taking my family to Fish Lake it is very nice and very kid friendly. It is better later in the day I think when the college crowd has died down, but still a great place for the entire family.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Tue May 15, 2007 12:08 am

There is a lake/pond in spokane called bear lake. It is a family fishing area witch means you have to be with a kid to fish there. These places usually have BBQ areas and play grounds. The lake gets 2000 trout I know your looking for bass but this should get you started. I have a book in my truck that will tell me about bass in that area, but its too late and Im too lazy to get it right now LOL. Ill take a look at it tomarow and give you an update

bustin
Warrant Officer

Post by bustin » Tue May 15, 2007 12:10 am

I have been to Bear Lake it is very nice. If the kids tire of fishing though you are done fishing as well since you must be fishing with a child or have a disabled license. Very nice park though, they even have a dog swimming area on one side and a trail around the lake that is well maintained.

tocool
Angler

Post by tocool » Tue May 15, 2007 12:34 am

sounds good . trout bait tips? . im very new to fishing . i have only gone bass fishing . so i hAVE THE BASS BAITS COVERED PRETTY WELL. !!! OH AND IT`S NOT " A CHILD " IT`S CHILDRENS SSSSS` !!! LOL . AGAIN THANKS . THIS SITE IS JUST TOCOOL !!!!!!!!

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Tue May 15, 2007 12:47 am

tocool wrote:sounds good . trout bait tips? . im very new to fishing . i have only gone bass fishing . so i hAVE THE BASS BAITS COVERED PRETTY WELL. !!! OH AND IT`S NOT " A CHILD " IT`S CHILDRENS SSSSS` !!! LOL . AGAIN THANKS . THIS SITE IS JUST TOCOOL !!!!!!!!

trout are very easy to catch. It can be a simple as a worm under a bobber. Fishing marshmellows work pretty well too, they come in all colors and flavors. They also have powerbait and powereggs. This is what I use when bank fishing for trout. Get 3/8 oz egg weights and tie that above your swivle, get some 4 lb test leader and tie on 24"-36" leader to a size 10 hook. What I like to do is put a poweregg on the hook first and slide it up the line right above the hook then roll up a ball of powerbait right on the hook. The colors I would go with would be orange, green , yellow, pink, and rainbow. But if at all possible go to the lake a few times and ask Qs. This way you know witch ones to buy. Marshmellows are cheap, you can even use regular white mallows, dig up some worms and your set, as long as your bait floats off the bottom. Ill still give you some info from that book, but let me know if you need any more info on trout

glastron876
Petty Officer

Post by glastron876 » Tue May 15, 2007 1:37 pm

I usually take the youngest boy (13 yr. old) to West Medical Lake - the South End - you need to park on the side of the road and walk the paths through the small sort of marshy area (sounds worse than it is) - we fish on the point - by the pump house - 18-24" leader, w/ smaller Trout Hook or #6/#8 Hook - use Orange Power Bait (roll in a ball between your palms, then push the hook in, then mold slighty a bit better around the hook, (sometimes covered with Trout Gravy or some type of attractant, after baiting the hook - put a couple drops in your palm and then roll the ball of Power Bait between both palms - carefully & lightly - this will work the attractant into the bait better) - worm & marshmallow (white mini type) usually work pretty well also. 5-6# line and a couple of smaller weights should get you out far enough. Careful of the rocks near the point - alot of people get their lines hung up but there are spots where that is not a concern.

The amount of people on the point usually dies down later towards the early afternoon.

The boy & I usually do pretty well - even if he doesn't catch anything - the twitching of the rod from the smaller "bait robbers" usually keeps him focused -

As for getting there - take the Highway to Medical Lake - once by the Big Grocery store you will see signs directing you to the Lakes. Rather than turning left, continue strait until you see a sign for (i think) some type of medical building - the left turn is JUST AFTER the bend in the road (You will know that you are on the correct road as immediately after the turn a house on the right has a set up for dog training/obstacles in their front yard.) Follow this road (the speed limit will go up to 45mph from 30 mph) until you see the Pump House & Point in the lake - which will be on your left - you are more than likely to see plenty of cars on the side of the road as well. It is not far - perhaps 1/2 - 3/4 mile after the initial left turn.

You can always follow the signs and go to the Public Access area - there is a dock for fishing off of ( $3 last I saw ) - there is also a Public type area (concrete walk) that alot of others fish off of and do alright on as well ( no charge ).

Not a Park Type fishing area, but usually a good place for Trout Fishing.

Good Luck.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 15, 2007 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Give someone a fish and they eat for a day. Teach someone to fish and you get rid of them for the whole weekend"

tocool
Angler

Post by tocool » Tue May 15, 2007 10:39 pm

just one word . WOW .....!!. again thanks for the replies . great info. really looking forward to some great lake fishing!!!