Medical Lake & Motors

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
raffensg64
Commander

Medical Lake & Motors

Post by raffensg64 » Mon May 07, 2007 10:49 pm

While fishing with a partner today, he related to me an incident that he witnessed 3 days ago on Medical Lake. When a couple guys showed up with a boat outfitted with 2 electric motors, some other folks kindly informed them that motors of all types are prohibited on Medical Lake. The boaters became irate and stated that they had read the regulations, motors were OK, and proceeded to launch and fish, motors and all. I don't know what the endstate was to all this, but the Medical Lake listing under Eastside Lakes that I'm looking at says "motors prohibited". I'd like to think they at least got a warning and were told to obtain a copy of the 2007-2008 regulations.

There was some confusion in the past. Last year's WDFW regs (2006-2007) did not prohibit motors according to selective gear, but this clashed with the town's ordinance, which prohibits motors of all types. Confusion reigned, chaos ensued, and warning and tickets were issued.

Anyways, gents....don't take your motorized boats down there. The City of ML and the WDFW are now on the same sheet of music. Get on your sticks! Not only will you disregard a huge white sign prohibiting motors and state regs, you'll drive it right down a lake in a town where dozens of concerned locals will call 565-5003 and report you. See all those houses? People actually live in them, and...gee whiz, they have phones! And so do most of the other fishermen who will most likely be looking at you funny!

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:Medical Lake & Motors

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon May 07, 2007 11:24 pm

And so it goes, Raff.](*,) I'll be out there later this week and see one myself.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 07, 2007 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bustin
Warrant Officer

RE:Medical Lake & Motors

Post by bustin » Tue May 08, 2007 12:34 am

I am amazed how many people I see violating regs there just driving by on my way to and from work daily. I am going to start calling on them as well.