Crow Butte state park

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
rangerjoe
Angler

Crow Butte state park

Post by rangerjoe » Sat May 05, 2007 4:57 pm

Anyone out there fish this area much for trout/walleye?? Just wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions, I'm heading there for a family reunion at the end of the month.

littleriver
Commander

RE:Crow Butte state park

Post by littleriver » Sat May 05, 2007 7:55 pm

I fished it for bass and walleye a long time ago.....

the structure just out from where Glade creek comes in and where alder creek comes in is good for walleye....

the good midriver walleye spots are marked by navigation bouys.... just get upstream of a buoy and drop a jig or walking sinker followed by a worm harness down and work the 15 to 25 foot contours in an organized way and you will have a shot at some nice walleyes.......

since fishing this area on a regular basis I have learned that they flooded a road and a RR track that worked along both the north and south shores of the river when John Day dam was completed and the reservoir was filled.... those structure features apparently show up in the 20 to 40 foot depth water just off of each shoreline....... I would definitely be looking for that kind of stuff and getting a jig or a worm harness down where it works along the elevation breaks of these structure features...
Fish doesn't smell "fishy" because it's fish. Fish smells "fishy" when it's rotten.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Tue May 08, 2007 8:38 pm

What lake is this state park on?

littleriver
Commander

Post by littleriver » Tue May 08, 2007 11:23 pm

It's on Lake Umatilla.. Washington Side.. bout 15 or 20 miles west of McNary Dam...
Fish doesn't smell "fishy" because it's fish. Fish smells "fishy" when it's rotten.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Wed May 09, 2007 8:11 pm

Sorry never fished there. And Ive never actually heard of it. How the fishing there and what is there?