Lighted public docks on Lake Washington?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Lighted public docks on Lake Washington?

Post by Juniah87 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:01 pm

Was pondering doing some bass/perch fishing on Lake Washington, and was wondering if there are any public docks that are open at night that have lighting? Anyone else try fishing for bass at night from a public dock on this lake?

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Re: Lighted public docks on Lake Washington?

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:01 pm

The docks at the marina in kirkland were lighted years ago. Didn' t catch anything in the one night i tried fishing there.

Not sure if they are still open at night. Probably still are.

I really don't fish for perch at night. Conventional wisdom is that they are sight feeders, and daylight is much better for catching them than at night.

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Post by Juniah87 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Thanks for the info! Do you know where I can find the rules or regulations of specific docks? Are they required to be posted at the entrance to the docks themselves? I see there is pier information on the wdfw website, but am having problems finding out if they are open 24/7, and everything listed seems to only be for piers on the puget sound.

TMBob
Petty Officer

Post by TMBob » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:48 am

Coulon Park has some lights

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Post by Juniah87 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:58 am

TMBob wrote:Coulon Park has some lights
Excellent, this is exactly the kind of thing I am looking for, found this on a quick google search!
coulon.jpg

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:30 pm

here's the issue you will have with night fishing.

In general, fishing is open 24/7 by the WDFW, unless there is some special night closure rule in the regs book.

However, what the WDFW allows and what a city allows are different. You can fish at night legally in Lake WA, but you can't fish from a Bellevue Park during the night. They are posted either on the city website or sign at the park, things like "open dawn to dusk". I have been kicked out of Bellevue Parks in the evening before, by the Bellevue PD telling me the park is "now closed".

The above is for Bellevue. Other places are probably the same for their parks.

The Kirkland marina I mentioned is probably a good bet for a place open 24/7. Boats are docked there with passengers getting in and out, moonlight strollers, dog walkers, etc. No gates or signs (at least years ago) saying "closed at night".

In fact, I may head to Kirkland when the weather warms up a bit--I have a hunch a particular fish species (which bite at night) may be lurking around there in the evenings...

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Post by Juniah87 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:00 pm

Shad_Eating_Grin wrote:here's the issue you will have with night fishing.

In general, fishing is open 24/7 by the WDFW, unless there is some special night closure rule in the regs book.

However, what the WDFW allows and what a city allows are different. You can fish at night legally in Lake WA, but you can't fish from a Bellevue Park during the night. They are posted either on the city website or sign at the park, things like "open dawn to dusk". I have been kicked out of Bellevue Parks in the evening before, by the Bellevue PD telling me the park is "now closed".

The above is for Bellevue. Other places are probably the same for their parks.

The Kirkland marina I mentioned is probably a good bet for a place open 24/7. Boats are docked there with passengers getting in and out, moonlight strollers, dog walkers, etc. No gates or signs (at least years ago) saying "closed at night".

In fact, I may head to Kirkland when the weather warms up a bit--I have a hunch a particular fish species (which bite at night) may be lurking around there in the evenings...
Excellent, I may see you there! [laugh]

TMBob
Petty Officer

Post by TMBob » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:45 pm

Juniah87 wrote:
TMBob wrote:Coulon Park has some lights
Excellent, this is exactly the kind of thing I am looking for, found this on a quick google search!
coulon.jpg
Caught two Trout in that corner in January....shocked me.