Long Lake

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
FishSlayer
Petty Officer

Long Lake

Post by FishSlayer » Sat May 05, 2007 12:30 pm

I went to long lake about a 2 weeks ago to go bowfishing for carp.
This was our first time at long lake and the only launch that we could find was actually on the river.
Is there a launch on the actual lake.
<'(((><

Mossy
Lieutenant

RE:Long Lake

Post by Mossy » Sat May 05, 2007 9:03 pm

Nope, forsees resort sold out for condos, 9 miles resort is getting turned into park ranger station. Try to make friends with someone who lives out in suncrest, they have a private boat launch. Ever try sprague lake for carp? The place in full of them and they're huge!

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat May 05, 2007 11:08 pm

I haven't been out to Long Lake in several years, but it seems to me that it is turning into a high-brow gated community:-s

Mossy
Lieutenant

Post by Mossy » Sat May 05, 2007 11:12 pm

You got it Marc!

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat May 05, 2007 11:15 pm

Bead Lake has gotten that way also.

bustin
Warrant Officer

Post by bustin » Sun May 06, 2007 12:28 pm

I am somewhat new to the Spokane area, but it sure seems like there are a lot of lakes in this area that are totally surrounded by houses with no room for people to even get to the lake for recreation especially if you do not have a boat. I came from Clark County and Grays Harbor County both and most lakes in those areas are parks, with no houses so everyone can enjoy them. I really liek that concept, it just seems like the right thing to do for everyone.

Ifishthere4Iam
Angler

Post by Ifishthere4Iam » Sun May 06, 2007 2:23 pm

Mossy wrote:Nope, forsees resort sold out for condos, 9 miles resort is getting turned into park ranger station. Try to make friends with someone who lives out in suncrest, they have a private boat launch. Ever try sprague lake for carp? The place in full of them and they're huge!
I called nine mile resort, this morning, and they informed me that parks and recreation are now running the operation. No plans to close the boat launch. What a relief.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Sun May 06, 2007 3:58 pm

Well that's good news! We fished Long Lake for the first time last July 4th (big mistake) and I would love to go back. Isn't there a public launch at the far end opposite Nine Mile Resort? I know I saw a big launch area down closer to the dam (don't know which one it is) and it looked fairly new to me.

I'd like to learn some places to fish for crappie and smallmouth there. Like many of our good local fisheries, it's a huge lake and it's tough to fish when you don't know where to start.
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Ifishthere4Iam
Angler

Post by Ifishthere4Iam » Mon May 07, 2007 1:42 am

Long is one of the better fisheries close to Spokane. I spend a lot of time there.
There are 3 launches open to the general public, Nine mile resort at the south end, a small DNR launch at the north end, and the launch on the Spokane river (at the confluence of the little Spokane) I would reccomend to stay away from the latter, as there are many rocks and underwater obstacles. I was told by a fellow at Spokane propeller that that launch has really helped there business.
As for the fishing, I have caught trout, largemouth, carp, pike, perch and smallmouth on different parts of the lake.
My PB was last year-28 smallmouth in a 75' stretch of shoreline.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Tue May 08, 2007 8:37 pm

FishSlayer wrote:I went to long lake about a 2 weeks ago to go bowfishing for carp.
This was our first time at long lake and the only launch that we could find was actually on the river.
Is there a launch on the actual lake.

Ive always wated to do this. How much would a basic model bottom of the line set up that would still get the job done run me? By the way potholes res. is FULL of carp as well as the seep lakes across the street from potholes res.

FishSlayer
Petty Officer

Post by FishSlayer » Tue May 08, 2007 10:38 pm

How much would a basic model bottom of the line set up that would still get the job done run me?
About $150 it doesn't matter what you shoot as long as it can be shot quickly. Go to archerytalk.com and setup an acount i'm sure you could find a great deal there
<'(((><

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Fri May 11, 2007 1:04 am

FishSlayer wrote:
How much would a basic model bottom of the line set up that would still get the job done run me?
About $150 it doesn't matter what you shoot as long as it can be shot quickly. Go to archerytalk.com and setup an acount i'm sure you could find a great deal there
Thanx fishslayer thats a start. Ive seen it done and it looks like a blast hopefully I can afford one befoe summer

Mossy
Lieutenant

Post by Mossy » Fri May 11, 2007 1:21 am

Sorry guys, I guess I was misinformed. I launch ,where the rivers meet, for duck hunting but like I said, I thought the others were closed. I just found out there's one right before the last dam which I assume is the one Ifish is talking about on the north end. What's the launch like on the north end? Is it a pay to play launch as well?

Rob1
Petty Officer

Post by Rob1 » Fri May 11, 2007 11:12 am

There were quite a few carp on the North end of Newman yesterday. We probably saw about 2 dozen or so. They were right on the bank in places.