Shore fishing around Auburn/Federal Way

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
chasecaleb
Angler

Shore fishing around Auburn/Federal Way

Post by chasecaleb » Thu May 31, 2012 8:10 pm

I'm new to the area, looking for lakes to fish nearby. I tried Fivemile several times and saw a few crappie landed, Steel and North once each and saw a few rainbow trout caught, but on a whole nobody seemed to be catching much. I didn't catch anything at any of the lakes. Went to Washington with a friend on Wednesday and we each caught a few perch, but that's over 20 miles of far-too-expensive gas.

I live right between Auburn and Federal way, has anyone had success around here or any recommendations? I'm down to catch just about anything, except I'm not really a big fan of rainbow trout. Something about it just don't appeal to me. Plus, I used to be able to catch them about every two minutes when I lived up in Skagit county... kinda been there/done that lol!

yooper_fisher
Lieutenant

Re: Shore fishing around Auburn/Federal Way

Post by yooper_fisher » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:34 pm

Are you shore fishing or do you have a boat? It's a bit of a drive, but I know a few lakes in the Enumclaw area I could mention if you're interested

chasecaleb
Angler

Post by chasecaleb » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:36 pm

Originally I meant shore fishing, however I stumbled upon a good deal on Craigslist for a new-in-box float tube :D Enumclaw is pretty far out of my, unless there's any that are really great and worth the drive.

yooper_fisher
Lieutenant

Post by yooper_fisher » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:13 am

I could send you to some decent trout lakes, that's about it. I know there are a lot of bass around, I just don't fish them. Send me a message if you ever decide to go out that way and I'll give you some tips.