HALLER LAKE

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
HULI_ISDA
Petty Officer

HALLER LAKE

Post by HULI_ISDA » Tue May 29, 2012 7:24 am

Just bump into this lake while looking at google maps for emission testing location,does anybody tried fishing in this lake before? what kind fish living in there? by studying the maps look like there's no public access.would love to give it a try someday,if i can get good info for this lake.thanks.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: HALLER LAKE

Post by Bodofish » Tue May 29, 2012 8:47 am

If memory serves, there is a dead end road at the lake but best to carry a tube from a ways away. Home owners can be nasty as they think it's a "private" lake. 99% around the edge is. I've caught some nice cuts on a worm drifted behind my float tube. If you hang out at the dead end street, expect police contact.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

HULI_ISDA
Petty Officer

Post by HULI_ISDA » Tue May 29, 2012 9:15 am

wow they're that mean huh? will i notice there is a church there and it happens its a sister church that Im attending in downtown seattle.i might ask the pastor for access.hehehehe.thanks for the response.

swayner23
Petty Officer

Post by swayner23 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:52 am

There is VERY limited shore access from 125th street from the west going east from aurora, it does say dead end but you can park and walk down. I was there Saturday from a raft looking for bass(no luck). But they did recently plant it with trout and guys were slaying em out there. Best from small boat or float tube.

*the bass in my avatar was caught at Haller from the shore access.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue May 29, 2012 12:09 pm

Haller is a fun little lake with some decent Bass in it if you have a float tube or something you can carry the 50 yards down to the lake and back. The warmer the weather, the more the little park fills with punks, junkies, drunk and other assorted Aurora "Night Shift" personnel.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Tue May 29, 2012 12:52 pm

the lake has a huge fishing history in the reports section. I fish there almost weekly during the summer for largies. The trout are only cookie cutter planters as of the past few years anyway. There are also perch, and I've seen 2 catfish. You do want a float tube though, the shoreline is worthless.

HULI_ISDA
Petty Officer

Post by HULI_ISDA » Tue May 29, 2012 1:01 pm

thanks guys for the info.now i wanna go get a floaties.....lol