Whats the best bet for trout fishing in april

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Action Jackson
Angler

Whats the best bet for trout fishing in april

Post by Action Jackson » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:53 pm

Hi im trying to plan a trip to go fish big trout with my girlfriend in april. I dont have a boat but would like to rent one. The best trip i can think of is fish lake once the ice melts. thanks

P.S. dose anybody know when fith lake normaly thaws out
Dont forget to go to get dowm to the water and let your mind drift

Anglinarcher
Admiral

RE:Whats the best bet for trout fishing in april

Post by Anglinarcher » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:31 pm

Action Jackson wrote:Hi im trying to plan a trip to go fish big trout with my girlfriend in april. I dont have a boat but would like to rent one. The best trip i can think of is fish lake once the ice melts. thanks

You need to tell us where you want to fish. Roofus Woods should be hot, Roosevelt will be hot, but not as fast as RW.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:22 am

well I honestly do not think Fish Lake will thaw out until at least the end of April... it gets pretty dang cold up there and the ice is over a foot thick right now... but a good place to call would be The Cove resort, which is on Fish Lake. I dont know much about Rufus Woods but it is usually pretty dang good from what I hear... there are guides that fish around Brewster and Pateros and catch some 5 to 7+ pound fish! there are a couple other places to check, Big Wally's which is out of Coulee City and Hooked On Toys in Wenatchee... both places know there stuff and could help you find good places to go!!!
Ozzie

"Do what you like. Like what you do."

<><

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:26 am

if you have some troubles finding info on these places please let me know! I can get them for you in a day!
Ozzie

"Do what you like. Like what you do."

<><

lonnie197272
Warrant Officer

Post by lonnie197272 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:39 pm

Another place to try is Lake Lenore it has some pretty beefy Cutthroat. Only thing is its seletive fishery and at that time I think it is catch and release. There is another small lake that has some huge Tiger Trout but u have to walk to it Homestead Lake.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:56 pm

Depending on what your definition of big trout are, you have a few options. Rufus Woods has some huge trout and the fishing should have picked up by then. Also, the Sun Lakes area opens the last weekend in April and is typically on fire at that time. They rent boats at most of the resorts in the Sun Lakes chain. I'll be there for our annual family outing the first week in May. Waiting a week or two after the opener clears out the just planted stockers and lets us get our gear down to the hold-overs who should be averaging 14+" this year and be quite fat.

Freeport-McMoRan
Angler

Post by Freeport-McMoRan » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:47 am

Action Jackson wrote:Hi im trying to plan a trip to go fish big trout with my girlfriend in april. I dont have a boat but would like to rent one. The best trip i can think of is fish lake once the ice melts. thanks

Since your in Bothell fish lake washington for huge cutthroat. A trolling motor a 10' boat is all you need most days. FCX