When fishing !!!

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
beerbohm
Petty Officer

When fishing !!!

Post by beerbohm » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:29 pm

Do to the depth of cup holders, dont use cup holders to hold your pole only use rod holders. Using cup holders to hold rod may require a trip to the fishing store to purchase new rod and reel. This advice is free to you but worth 425$.

That is all.

Derrick-k
Commander

RE:When fishing !!!

Post by Derrick-k » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:19 pm

ouch!

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:21 pm

Oh No.......!#-o

Sorry to here of your misfortune. I am a firm believer in rod holders. I never leave my rod unsecured, even for a few seconds.

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:05 pm

O H S :scratch: no you didnt. ouch
but the bright side you get a NEW ROD AND REEL !!!!!:cheers:

:viking:
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

BassFanatic
Commander

Post by BassFanatic » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:55 pm

are you serious, that hurts.
CPR-BOYZ
CHECK US OUT ON YOUTUBE!!!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:14 pm

Marc Martyn wrote:Oh No.......!#-o

Sorry to here of your misfortune. I am a firm believer in rod holders. I never leave my rod unsecured, even for a few seconds.

:bounce: I am a firm believer in Cup Holders... I never leave my beer unsecured, even for a few seconds.
Seriously though ,, sorry to hear about you unfortunate inncident.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:31 am

#-o

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

crappie007
Warrant Officer

Post by crappie007 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:03 am

Try to look on the bright side like I did last week. I Broke my favorite 120.00 fenwick.
The bright side I got to go out and shop for a new pole. I down graded, but I'm happy.

beerbohm
Petty Officer

Post by beerbohm » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:47 am

Lucky for me I marked it on my GPS and I am a scuba diver so I will be going and getting my sunken pole.

Adam B.
Petty Officer

Post by Adam B. » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:08 pm

And maybe you will even get lucky and find a few more treasures while you are down there too. Like maybe a pole holder. [-o< Anyways good luck.

PaulReilly
Petty Officer

Post by PaulReilly » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:30 am

quadradomus wrote:
Marc Martyn wrote:Oh No.......!#-o

:bounce: I am a firm believer in Cup Holders... I never leave my beer unsecured, even for a few seconds.
\quote]

What are you doing setting your beer down? I'm a firm believer the only way to truely secure it is to keep it deep inside your stomach.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:52 am

Iv'e never dropped anything overboard :-" and surely never let go of my steel stringer at the end of the dock #-o

Heres my solution... a strong Retrieving Magnet and a spool of 100lb nylon cord.

It may take a few minutes to find, more if you were moving when it happened. Im PADI certified so I fully understand your approach. Hope the visability is good.. good hunting :cheers:

travislikesfishing
Lieutenant

Post by travislikesfishing » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:28 am

that sucks man i got a price setup too i cant imagine loosing it go rent some scubba gear or something and get that puppy back
KEEP UR LINE TIGHT SO U CAN FEEL THE BITE!!!!!

travislikesfishing
Lieutenant

Post by travislikesfishing » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:30 am

my uncle droped his keys in the lake one time and we used a giant magnet that the guy at west medical let us barrow after a lil key fishing we hooked not much of a fight though but we were able to drive home
KEEP UR LINE TIGHT SO U CAN FEEL THE BITE!!!!!

bpm3067
Petty Officer

Post by bpm3067 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:17 am

I know the feeling...a couple days ago my terminal tackle box went over the side of my kayak. I tried to find it right afterward, but I didn't have the forethought to mark it before going in and one I went down the first time, the stirred up silt made it impossible to find. Luckily I went back the next day while the sun was up high and was able to see it in only 5ft of water. So I marked it with a buoy, beached my boat, and went in with my dive mask and came up with it on the first dive. Saved about $40 worth of weights, hooks, jigheads, etc....well worth getting wet for a few minutes on a warm day.

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:45 am

Back when I was a teenager in Georgia, my best friend and I sneaked into a private lake owned by Georgia Power Company. This place had some huge fish - bass, catfish, bluegill - because it was never fished. I had just bought a new rod/reel setup, cost me $40, and in 1986 minimum wage terms, that was about half a week's pay right there.

We were targetting those big cats, and I was using my secret bait - Treet meat. I tossed a cube out, set the pole up and turned around to grab my Coke. When I turned back around, the rod was gone and all you could see was a line of bubbles moving away from the bank. I'd forgot to open the bail so the cats could take line, and instead it took my brand new rod and reel.

My friend thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen, until 30 minutes later one yanked his rod in. The fishing gods were punishing us for sneaking into the lake, no doubt hehe....
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)