Has anyone fished Grandy?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
SDAngler
Petty Officer

Has anyone fished Grandy?

Post by SDAngler » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:52 am

I was just looking at the stocking reports and saw Grandy Lake in Skagit county got some decent fish for its size. I am not quite sure where this lake is but I thought it might be worth checking out. I think I may have seen this lake on my way to hiking near Baker lake but I am not sure if its the same one. I noticed there aren't any reports on this site and it doesn't appear to even be listed in the rules pamphlet in either the main area or the unlisted area. I guess this means this lake is open all year but not sure, thought it might be an interesting possibility for the opener. Any info would be appreciated.

Matt

Bscman
Warrant Officer

RE:Has anyone fished Grandy?

Post by Bscman » Wed May 14, 2008 8:56 am

Did you make it up to Grandy?
Sorry to revive an older post, but I figured I'd throw in a my $0.02.

It's been a LONG time since I've fished grandy, but it was fairly productive at the time.
It is right off the side of the highway, so yes...it is the lake you passed on your way to Baker.

There is some camping available, as well as a fairly crude gravel boat ramp. Lots of pilings from the logging days, and plenty of lilly pads. I've cought a few bass and a handfull of rainbows out of it in the past...never any luck from the shore--though I haven't fished it more than a handful of times, period.

It seems the area is always full of campers and "drishers."
The key for us at the time was to get to the far side of the lake. Rooster tails and similar seemed to work pretty well.

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Wed May 14, 2008 9:24 am

yeah SDAngler. i was probably fishing it when you posted back in april. First time. stopped for an hour or two and got two CUTTIES (or cutt-bow, tough to tell). one was a nice 15" holdover and the other was about 11". caught around the pilings in mid-lake on a DT5 7cm Rainbow Trout (RT) color Rapala. (casting) water was pretty cold still then...maybe 49-50* or so. that's all i got....good luck
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

SDAngler
Petty Officer

Post by SDAngler » Wed May 14, 2008 2:17 pm

Thanks for the replies guys, I had lost hope that anyone has fished there. I haven't had the opportunity to make it over there yet but I am glad to hear you have had some success, especially the recent success in April. I saw a report from a long time ago on this site after I made this post so I got a little more of an idea about it. I am definitely going to try to make it over there this weekend and maybe try for both bass and trout from my float tube. Thanks for the replies guys and I will post my report soon.