Tiger M. in Greenlake

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Tiger M. in Greenlake

Post by The Quadfather » Wed May 16, 2007 11:59 pm

Got a question here... So many of you know already that the dept. of fish or whatever they're called did put Tiger Muskies in greenlake (King County) at what I think was two years ago. As a predator against the common carp. The report that I read said of course that they were fairly immature. I believe it also said they released 500 at the time.

So does anybody out there know anybody who has caught one from this lake? I think this is the coolest lake to fish for miles. You may laugh, but when you look at the incredible sized carp that come from here. Triploids, and the 24lb channel cat. which is pictured on this site, all that and a couple of other varieties makes for some good times. (Not to mention that the most recent F/H News has a cover story on muskies, and refers to the "3" Muskie lakes in Washington, which of course made know mention of Greenlake. Again, I realize that it is not a lake that lends itself to a heavy crop of fishing junkies targeting one species. But hey! It's out there.

Chris
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Drewp
Commander

RE:Tiger M. in Greenlake

Post by Drewp » Thu May 17, 2007 11:40 am

Quad,

Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) has only a small blurb on their website about this. See: http://wdfw.wa.gov/factshts/tigermusk.htm I've never heard of anyone catching a tiger muskie out of Greenlake, but they should be in there still. The article is dated October of 2000, and says the fish can live up to 15 years, so there are probably still a few around.
"My fingers smell fishy and I like it."

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Thu May 17, 2007 12:27 pm

I know they stopped the stocking program for tigers on Green. Last I heard is there isnt too many left. Iv also never heard of one being caught. But keep this in mind, I heard that there is some REALLY NICE bass in Green Lake, but they have seen it all, theyve had every last spoon,spinner and plug thrown at them so they know what not to hit, ever heard of a bass being caught from green lake? I dont know if this is true but it does make sence. So with this being the only tiger musky lake in the seattle area, youd think it would be the same story

Rizzla
Petty Officer

Post by Rizzla » Thu May 17, 2007 1:40 pm

well really besides for a few not many kno that tiger muskies are in green lake. less some dont even kno wat a tiger muskie is. but hell i tried catchin them. its hard cuz lake isnt really designed for fishing. and the only place i think that muskies would be in by the lily pads over by duck island. you cant bring a boat or nothing other there to even get close enough. maybe if you lucky during summer you mite be able to catch one from the ampitheather side but thats about my guess on that. and green lake really has some nice fish. i just catch over the fact that ppl used take pisses and dumps in that lake so i get grossed out, but really lake washington was the same way and i dont mind fishing there. and besides all the grls running around drippin sweat in the summer mite change my mind on green lake.