Tribes now netting Lake Washington proper

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
irishrogue
Petty Officer

Re: Tribes now netting Lake Washington proper

Post by irishrogue » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:05 pm

I learned about the tribal fishing requests by following these instructions:

http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/foru ... egula.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kurtkettel
Angler

Post by kurtkettel » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:03 am

Had to see the carnage for myself...yep, nets from Hunts point stretched all the way to Moss Bay. Bottom void of life...they do vacuum them up with the nets. Searched the coastline all the way to Kenmore & not a school in sight. Time to start thinking San Juans blackmouth & other fisheries!

irishrogue
Petty Officer

Post by irishrogue » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:33 am

Saw the nets out there again this morning... Checked with my buddy and apparently this opener runs for FIVE DAYS. Started Sunday, ends Thursday. There seem to be no limits on the netting. Reminds me of the old phrase "The beatings will continue until morale improves".

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:49 pm

Well I'm gutted and sick to the back teeth of the nets.

BARCHASER10
Captain

Post by BARCHASER10 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:13 pm

Like I said in two earlier posts, the tribes (Muks actually) can fish five days a week from 9/25 to 11/18. They will net if there is anything there. Its all on page 25 of the List of Approved Fisheries (LOAF)... see earlier link. This is what the tribes want to do in salt water too when there is a normal run. I suspect they may get their way in future years and Puget Sound sport salmon fishing could become a memory.