Lake Roosevelt, Kettle Falls Area

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Adam B.
Petty Officer

Lake Roosevelt, Kettle Falls Area

Post by Adam B. » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:15 pm

I am planning to spend about a week just a few miles north of the Kettle Falls area of Lake Roosevelt. I have never fished this area and looking to see if it would be worth bringing the fishing boat along with the ski boat. We will be there the last week of June. I have searched through some reports and have found walley but not much for trout, unless you go right near the boarder. We will be staying right on the lake too, so wondering if just bringing the fishing ploe and casting from shore. But looking for some advice in general. I still need to read the regs for that time of year, but would the typical trout tackle work if I did troll (dick night, wedding ring, brads cut plug, flat fish, etc.)? I saw one site that listed around the bridge as a potential area, but not for what kind of fish or what time of year. I know it is more of a remote area so not many people that fish there write reports. Thanks in advance.

strider43
Captain

Re: Lake Roosevelt, Kettle Falls Area

Post by strider43 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:30 am

Sorry I have never fished that late in the year on Roosevelt. Are you staying in a campground in that area?

Adam B.
Petty Officer

Re: Lake Roosevelt, Kettle Falls Area

Post by Adam B. » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:57 am

We will be staying in a house just south of the Snag Cove boat launch area.