Bass Lake in Skamania County fishing question

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
iwalton
Petty Officer

Bass Lake in Skamania County fishing question

Post by iwalton » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:18 pm

Drove by Bass Lake today, just north of Bonneville, in Skamania County. There is public parking with a hiking trail and a Army Corp of Engineer info booth on the lake, with fishing marked as allowed. However, I have never seen any posts here or elsewhere about this lake. Has anyone fished it that would be willing to share info?

Here's the exact location: http://www.fishingworks.com/lakes/washi ... bass-lake/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also nearby is the popular Kidney Lake and the Green Leaf Slough. The slough certainly looks interesting as well.

bob johansen
Commander

Re: Bass Lake in Skamania County fishing question

Post by bob johansen » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:49 am

I have fished that Bass Lake a couple of times back in 1991. I fished from a canoe. I didn't catch any bass but I did catch a few squawfish on a white spinnerbait. It looked very interesting and I think there are probably bass in there. Nice quiet lake. Skamania County Lakes that I have caught some bass from include Ashes Lake, Grant Lake, Ice House Lake and Tunnel Lake. Tunnel Lake has some real lunkers.

iwalton
Petty Officer

Post by iwalton » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:11 pm

Thanks! Sounds like one I need to fish this summer.

Stacie Kelsey
Commander

Post by Stacie Kelsey » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:24 pm

I've done creel here over the past few years and seen some pigs come out. It's sort of a nice little hidden lake that has some nice fish potential.

stace

iwalton
Petty Officer

Post by iwalton » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:44 pm

Thanks, Stacie! Very helpful!