Pine Lake question...

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Pine Lake question...

Post by A9 » Mon May 07, 2007 10:53 pm

Well I really wanna take my boat out to Pine lake for bass and trout. One problem: my boat sits on a trailer.

I know that the launch there is only hand carried only and car topper boats, but would it be ok if I trailered my boat all the way down to the turnaround, picked the boat off the trailer with my buddies help (its only a 12' aluminum) and carried it just a few steps down to the water and plopped it in? Is that ok? And then go take my car and trailer and park at the elementary school across the road cause you can't put a trailer at the parking lot there?

Thanks in advance!
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Pine Lake question...

Post by A9 » Tue May 08, 2007 7:39 pm

Come on I know there have to be some guys who fish Pine a lot who would know the answer to this question...

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Tue May 08, 2007 8:30 pm

Any tips for Pine?

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:54 pm

Can't be hard to catch them now...They gotta still be all over the place...Just run your gear in the top 15 feet of the water column

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Tue May 08, 2007 9:19 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:Can't be hard to catch them now...They gotta still be all over the place...Just run your gear in the top 15 feet of the water column
how deep is the lake? would you suggest a long leader or a bobber. I plan on bank fishing

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue May 08, 2007 10:10 pm

I think it hits about 41 feet at deepest. If your going off the pier, I'd stick with a longer leader. They have spent enough time now that they've learned to stay a little deeper and out of harms way of eagles and stuff...
The veterans off the dock love a 10+ foot leader, green power eggs dipped in shrimp/anise smelly jelly...

Good luck!

Eddie L
Warrant Officer

Post by Eddie L » Tue May 08, 2007 10:41 pm

I may just have fish Pine this weekend to play with some of them Browns. Last year I had 2 days of C & R(Lures only) of over 50+ rainbows until it died down, of course I was fishing on my pontoon away from the crowded fishing pier.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 08, 2007 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue May 08, 2007 10:50 pm

Good luck getting your lure through the bows to get a Brown. They are tough to get there. Fished there about a dozen times and I've gotten 1 and been with a buddy that has gotten one....

Eddie L
Warrant Officer

Post by Eddie L » Tue May 08, 2007 11:36 pm

When I'm targeting on Browns in Pine I use rapalas,Shad Raps and swimbaits. First time I've seen them browns chasing smaller fish at the surface until I got curious to see what it was chasing them smaller fish, and I had em chase my spinner and then got them to take a Rapala.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 08, 2007 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue May 08, 2007 11:38 pm

yea don't use any little wedding rings...Use what Eddie described...It'll also work for some of the bigger holdover bows too...

Rizzla
Petty Officer

Post by Rizzla » Wed May 09, 2007 12:22 pm

if you wanted to kno if launchin your boat is ok that way....i think i saw someone do it before, but if the people there start snapping at you dont trip about it. its your own fault. also if you never fished pine you have to really try to examine the lake.

first wen you get down to the water theres the dock that come around like an L. the best place is in the middle of the L as it hooks towards the lilys on the left side. you have the most open range compared to anyone else. if you get stuck out on the far left by the lilies its really shallow there maybe only 10 to 15 ft of water. so shorten up your leader for the farm raised. if yours in the middle of the L at least 2 feet of leader. I usually do about 2and a half.

if you dont want a planted fish you can go after browns. apparently the old old guys there every morning fish only browns. they dont use power bait only worms. from what i hear from them the best way to catch a brown there is to hook a whole nightcrawler on and toss the line in probably 15 to 20 ft from the dock. they say the browns sit there waiting for the bass fingers every morning. also make your line loose enough so the browns dont feel your pole and tite enough to catch em.

lastly for bass there the water hasn't really warmed up yet for em. its ok rite now, but when the browns get more active bass will be there with em. the bass eat the brown fingers in the swim area of the dock. a lot of people hate it but if you get there early enough you can fish in the swim area. all the big bass run up in there in the morning to feed on fingers. also wen people start comin on the docks in the morning the bass slide over into the lilies until someone launches there boat. stick with this ive caught so many fish here its ridiculous.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Wed May 09, 2007 2:27 pm

Rizzla: It's really fine if we do that?
I used to do a lot of fishing there off my inflatable boat, but since then I've upgraded to the bigger aluminum on a trailer and the inflatable is gone so I've done quite a bit of fishing there...I might have to call up the Issaquah parks department or something for a for sure answer..

Rizzla
Petty Officer

Post by Rizzla » Wed May 09, 2007 3:33 pm

thats always a safe bet. i never did it but i saw someone doing it before last year. so its not like it hasnt been done. i think its ok as long as you dont have a gas motor. the only people that care are the babies who live on lake complainin about noise

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Wed May 09, 2007 3:39 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:Good luck getting your lure through the bows to get a Brown. They are tough to get there. Fished there about a dozen times and I've gotten 1 and been with a buddy that has gotten one....
I have a very special way of getting browns.....and its not the way the old guys do it.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed May 09, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.