It's raining trout!

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
gort
Petty Officer

It's raining trout!

Post by gort » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:58 pm

Got a kick out of this story of a trout that fell from the sky in the Green Lake area:

http://www.mygreenlake.com/2012/04/trout/

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: It's raining trout!

Post by Amx » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:15 pm

:-k I'd rather have an eagle feather. :scratch:
Tom.

Interests: living

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:13 pm

I watched that eagle twice last week. dive, scoop and fly off with a trout, 50 feet from me.. pretty cool site to see so close.. but then, so was all the fish me and my son caught those days too :fish: [thumbup]

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:16 pm

That's hilarious! LOL
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

aguynamedmike
Petty Officer

Post by aguynamedmike » Thu May 03, 2012 12:27 am

Bout 6 yrs ago I was in a rented row boat on Spanaway lake on the SE end behind the island and heard/felt a loud "Clang" sortof behind me, when I turned to look I was smacked in the side of the head by something. In a split second I caught my hat grabbed the edge of the boat as it was rocking good from the fright I had and followed what hit me and it was a multicolored childs pole zebco reel and all maybe 4' long skimming across the water pointed straight up at the sky, a young american eagle maybe a 6' wing span had a little stocker trout in its mouth line attached an all.
I even had a video of the bird/fish/pole in a spruce over by the flag pole untill I upgraded cell phones.
You guys may not buy it here but I showed that vid to maybe 20 buddys and the whole summit pub on 96th an canyon lol

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Thu May 03, 2012 5:02 am

That kiddie rod story is awesome!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu May 03, 2012 6:04 am

aguynamedmike wrote:Bout 6 yrs ago I was in a rented row boat on Spanaway lake on the SE end behind the island and heard/felt a loud "Clang" sortof behind me, when I turned to look I was smacked in the side of the head by something. In a split second I caught my hat grabbed the edge of the boat as it was rocking good from the fright I had and followed what hit me and it was a multicolored childs pole zebco reel and all maybe 4' long skimming across the water pointed straight up at the sky, a young american eagle maybe a 6' wing span had a little stocker trout in its mouth line attached an all.
I even had a video of the bird/fish/pole in a spruce over by the flag pole untill I upgraded cell phones.
You guys may not buy it here but I showed that vid to maybe 20 buddys and the whole summit pub on 96th an canyon lol
My son had an Osprey grab his trout one time. He got it back but he was also a teen. I can see that it might happen.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu May 03, 2012 6:25 am

Had one make a dive for my pop gear on Fish Lake. I was bringing it in, not looking and SPLASH right behind the boat.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker