Lakes around Tacoma?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
fullstringer98
Warrant Officer

Lakes around Tacoma?

Post by fullstringer98 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:15 pm

My dad and I are looking for a place to fish around the fircrest area. I fish at my moms house all the time but my dad is no expert fisherman by any stretch of the imagination, he wont even put a worm on a hook, he has me do it. We are getting a small rowboat and are thinking about going here. If you know anything about this lake please let me know, we are looking to catch some fish:) I edited this post for lakes in tacoma, so if you know any good lakes around tacoma, let me know!:bounce:
Last edited by fullstringer98 on Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diehard 'Hawks fan

fishingmachine
Admiral

RE:Lakes around Tacoma?

Post by fishingmachine » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Cant confirm this but ive heard the lake is dirty and the water is toxic so if it was me i wouldnt put my boat into it. cant confirm it but maybe someone else knows about it.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:22 pm

The lake is well known for toxic algae blooms. Fish it from shore, or be in waders if you are in your tube for sure. Obviously catch and release those bass..:bball: :)

an excerp from a enviromentalist who works in Pierce County:

If you weren't at Pierce, what do you think you'd be doing?

I think I would be doing restoration ecology in the field, instead of teaching it. Right now, we work in the park and pull out all of the invasive species and plant natives.
Because the parks are full of all these scotch broom and blackberries, which are all invasive and they're choking out all the native vegetation.
[h]I'm also working on doing lake restoration down in Waughop Lake because it has toxic algae blooms.
So it's got a lot of pollution in it and a lot of problems.
That's what my master's degree thesis is on, ways to clean up that lake[/h]
Last edited by The Quadfather on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

coretron22
Warrant Officer

Post by coretron22 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:21 pm

There are occasionally RC boat races there on weekends. I can link you to a schedule if you are thinking about weekends...