Sockeye Fishing Techniques?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
sellis_414
Commander

Sockeye Fishing Techniques?

Post by sellis_414 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:28 am

I have done a little research the last couple days on various websites for Sockeye Salmon techniques. I have found various set ups, one being a 8" dodger (not sure what color to use?), 13-15" leader with two 2/0 or 3/0 red hooks. Does anyone have any other ways to catch them? Or tips that may make me sucessful?

All info would be appreciated!

Thanks
"If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer."

True Hero Rod Series Representative
Fetha Styx Associate

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Sockeye Fishing Techniques?

Post by Bodofish » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:48 am

All depends on where you're fishing for them. That's probably the best known setup. Orange flatfish work too. Krill, krill, krill.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

sellis_414
Commander

Post by sellis_414 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:11 pm

I will be fishing for them on the Columbia.
"If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer."

True Hero Rod Series Representative
Fetha Styx Associate

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:22 pm

sellis_414 wrote:I will be fishing for them on the Columbia.
Stop by Bob's Sporting Goods in Long View and they will set you up with the gear workingthe best at the time you go....It is a great place..ask for Bob Shepard for the guy that knows about fishin' on the Columbia.....both bank and boat.....Good luck to you, Steve

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.