Horseback/Fishing expedition

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Bassmaster2008
Petty Officer

Horseback/Fishing expedition

Post by Bassmaster2008 » Mon May 31, 2010 9:33 pm

A buddy and I were thinking about going on a 2-3 day camping adventure on horseback. We'll fish for anything, but I tend to like bass and drier climates. Anybody have any suggestions as to a way this could work out in Washington? Or any stories of doing something like this in the past?

If at all possible, I'd like to avoid as much "outsider" contact with civilization when we are out there so I am trying to find a patch of land that is full of little lakes as well as pretty low-key and isolated. A spot I've been checking out is the Seeps Lakes area (Looks to be about 40-50 sq. miles of terrain with few signs of man. While I love the scenery of Seeps and the fishing is awesome, the horseback riding would be pretty darn rough.

So anyway, suggestions welcome! It sounds fun and challenging to me, I just need to find the perfect location.

10Key
Petty Officer

RE:Horseback/Fishing expedition

Post by 10Key » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:13 am

If you truly are open to fishing non-warmwater species, there are some great places in the high country for horse back fishing adventures. Right outside White Pass are several trail heads that are horse friendly, that lead to some breathtaking scenery and good fishing.

Stacie Kelsey
Commander

RE:Horseback/Fishing expedition

Post by Stacie Kelsey » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:29 am

Goat Rocks Wilderness is a fantastic place for horseback/fishing trips. Snow Lake is a beautiful lake but there are many to choose from.

There is also the Indian Heaven Wilderness, tons of lakes to choose from, beyond fantastic views - horrible bugs though.

If you want more specific info on these areas, feel free to email me at stacie.kelsey@dfw.wa.gov

stace
Inland Fish Program - WDFW
Region 5 - Vancouver, WA
http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/washington/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;