Evergreen reservoir

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
riverhunter
Commander

Evergreen reservoir

Post by riverhunter » Wed May 25, 2016 7:14 am

I will be headed over to eastern wa this weekend and was thinking of hitting evergreen reservoir for walleye. Never fished for walleye myself nor have I been to evergreen reservoir. Just wondering if anyone would be willing to share a few tips for someone like me. Was hoping to try trolling but open to any suggestions. If the walleye ain't biting was thinking of just trying for bass or perch. Thanks and any input is greatly appreciate!

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Re: Evergreen reservoir

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Wed May 25, 2016 8:43 am

I live over here and have fished Moses Lake and the Potholes but never ventured to Evergreen. I would be interested in hearing how you do.

SalmonAddict
Warrant Officer

Post by SalmonAddict » Wed May 25, 2016 8:58 am

last year i gave it a shot.
the walleye are present, but not as a productive fishery as compared to the other nearby lakes (potholes/moses/banks)

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Wed May 25, 2016 10:16 am

I have an inflatable raft I plan on using and don't believe it will be able to handle such big waters like the potholes or banks lake especially with the wind so I figured I could try something a little more forgiving.

YellowBear
Captain

Post by YellowBear » Thu May 26, 2016 7:38 am

I would head for Soda lake south of Potholes.

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Thu May 26, 2016 10:09 am

Thanks yellow bear! Would be casting or trolling if you were to try soda lake

hewesbob
Lieutenant

Post by hewesbob » Thu May 26, 2016 2:09 pm

The bottom is very irregular in Soda Lake, I hardly ever jig for walleye but Soda is the exception. If you put your inflatable in at the launch there is a lot of great walleye fishing with in 200-300 yards. There should be some good Bass action just to the north of the launch where the canal comes into the lake. Good luck let us know how you do.

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Thu May 26, 2016 3:10 pm

Thanks for the great info guys! Will be posting on how I do as soon as I get home my Memorial Day fishing trip. Wish me luck and tight lines!!

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”