Panfish Lakes in Spokane Vicinity

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Kfedka
Commander

Panfish Lakes in Spokane Vicinity

Post by Kfedka » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:15 pm

I would like help from those here in the Spokane area, I recently got 12' aluminum boat with a 9.9hp motor and electric motor as well.

I'm looking for lakes within an hours drive from Spokane, WA that have very successful fishing for crappie, bluegill, or perch.
Also was wondering what they catch best on and what parts of the lakes. Thanks ahead of time.

dknodel

RE:Panfish Lakes in Spokane Vicinity

Post by dknodel » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:22 pm

Try NEWMAN - LIBERTY- WAITTS these lakes hold a lot of what your looking for - I think NEWMAN may be your best bet, some lillypad edges hold crappie. My son and I fish this and when he get bored of looking for bass he always catches perch and blugill. GOOD LUCK

spadam98
Petty Officer

Post by spadam98 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:08 am

Silver lake and Jump Off Joe as well as Downs lake are allpretty good as well.

crappie007
Warrant Officer

Post by crappie007 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:28 am

I catch crappie from clear lake and perch from Loon lake and Diamond lake.
When fishing for both types I mostly use a inch and half 1/16 ounce white curly tail jig, with a light action rod spooled with 4lb test. I'll tip the jig with a piece of worm for perch and tip it with a maggot for crappie.
Normally I'll fish from 10ft of water to 45 ft of water all areas of the lake.
Structure, sunken islands, drop offs and coves.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:19 pm

Long, Rock, Bonnie, Downs, Diamond, Eloika, blah blah blah.

Most of them!

Bonnie gets very little pressure because its very hard to get to, but would be perfect in your boat.

E

crappie007
Warrant Officer

Post by crappie007 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:18 pm

Bonnie is getting alot more pressure these days, I have a friend who goes there often.
He camped on the island last week and claimed there were 12-15 boats there.
He also said someone had a 20ft jet boat up there. HHmmm, that one is hard for me to believe. I've taken a 14ft boat up there and it wasn't easy. Best of luck to you finding those panfish! I started about five years ago and its been a blast!

Kfedka
Commander

Post by Kfedka » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:09 am

Thanks for all the posts. Out of all those lakes which ones would top the list? I would really like to try Bonnie lake, which part of the lake is most active and what bait is best?

crappie007
Warrant Officer

Post by crappie007 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:31 am

I haven't been to bonnie in years. If you dont know already, there is a creek you need to navigate with your boat or whatever you have. A little bit more than half way up there ,you will run into a beaver dam. I posted a report for bonnie last time I went.
That was 4 years ago and the report is listed under my name (Rich)in bonnie lake reports for spokane co.
Since I've only been there once, I dont know the lake. Ofcourse I used my ole' stand by jig and a worm. This combo always produces some action.

crappie007
Warrant Officer

Post by crappie007 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:37 am

I haven't been to bonnie in years. If you dont know already, there is a creek you need to navigate with your boat or whatever you have. A little bit more than half way up there ,you will run into a beaver dam. I posted a report for bonnie last time I went.
That was 4 years ago and the report is listed under my name (Rich)in bonnie lake reports for spokane co.
Since I've only been there once, I dont know the lake. Ofcourse I used my ole' stand by jig and a worm. This combo always produces some action.
If you look at long lake reports, "Gisteppo" is holding a picture of a massive Crappie.
I think if you wanted to fish Long lake, "Gisteppo" could give you some productive information.

catchmorebluegill
Petty Officer

Post by catchmorebluegill » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:41 am

I like Silver Lake. The average sized sunfish in their are pretty big, and I've caught a sunfish around 8" weighing 1/2 lb. out there. Someone said that there were crappie in there, but I don't know if there really are or not. Eloika is supposed to have really good crappie; when I was there, someone came back with their limit after an hour or two with no fish under 12". That same morning, a couple came back with 80 perch after a couple of hours. But that was in May.

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”