Trout Fishing/Camping Near Anacortes

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
TyeeMatt
Petty Officer

Trout Fishing/Camping Near Anacortes

Post by TyeeMatt » Mon May 04, 2015 3:24 pm

I'm heading up to Anacortes for halibut on Friday and wanted to find somewhere nearby where I can camp and trout fish afterwards. We'll probably not want to drive more than an hour from town and am open to both fly and gear fishing water. Any favorites I should know about or places to avoid?
http://rainiervalleyangler.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Trout Fishing/Camping Near Anacortes

Post by The Quadfather » Tue May 05, 2015 8:39 pm

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/LakeInfo.aspx?id=282&t=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Deception Pass campground is right there. Tons of car camping spots. Haven't spent any time on this lake since about 1978, but it was fun back then anyway.. lol.

cutthroat101
Angler

Post by cutthroat101 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:45 am

Deception Pass is definitely the nicest campground in the area. You could check Washington Park also but it's not as nice. If you just want to soak power bait, Lake Erie is your best choice close to town. Pass Lake is a great fly lake if you're willing to watch them swim away. Pretty much need a pontoon boat or equivalent to fish it effectively.

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:10 am

as close as Erie is Hart lake and Cambell, both great trout lakes

laketroll
Angler

Post by laketroll » Thu May 07, 2015 10:13 pm

big lake in mount vernon is worth the trip but if you want to fly fish Pass lake is the place....i fished it a couple weeks back from the shore and released over 20 fish...nice size trout too