Lone Lake (Whidbey Island)

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
guitarfisher
Petty Officer

Lone Lake (Whidbey Island)

Post by guitarfisher » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:57 am

I haven't seen any recent reports here on WALakes regarding Lone Lake and wondering if anyone has tried it lately (?) Ted's Sports Center is reporting fairly good success there and on Pass Lake (near Anacortes) over the past few weeks with chironimid patterns, if you can match the predominant bug.
Jeff

“I am haunted by waters.”--Norman Maclean

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Lone Lake (Whidbey Island)

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:13 am

J. Check out this link: http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/

This is a great fly fishing site for Washington. Look through the various forums. A lot of the guys on there fish Lone and Pass lake as well. You may find a recent report or you at least find out what types of hatches to expect at this time. (Do a search in their history archives for those two lakes)
It is a fly only site, and if you go on there and say anything about throwing gear, they will totally "Not be nice" shall we say.
But I know you fly fish as well, and I look at it as a great resource for lake info.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

02bluestang
Angler

RE:Lone Lake (Whidbey Island)

Post by 02bluestang » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:40 pm

buddy and I took off after work and fished it...we work graveyard so hit the lake around 0900. Both using float tubes and trolling we managed to catch 1 rainbow between the two of us. Water was cold and weather was worse. It was around the 3rd week of February. Spent about 3.5 hours and only had 2 bites including the 1 caught. A lake I would def try in the summer time when it warms up a a bit.