Brown Trout Tips?

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
dustyfisher007
Petty Officer

Brown Trout Tips?

Post by dustyfisher007 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:11 pm

Hey guys and gals,
Looking for some advice and tips for fishing for brown trout in lakes. Bot. Trolling or bottom fishing. I have some standard trout gear but looking for some good ideas.
Thanks

jonb
Commander

Re: Brown Trout Tips?

Post by jonb » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:35 pm

Troll rapalas, countdowns size 3-7 jointed 3-7, deep runners in size 7, also gold spoons, eg bouyants, castmasters, the idea is it needs to look like a fish since fish is the #1 thing a brown trout wants to eat.
For plunking, avoid using artificials baits like power bait when targeting browns, worms, cluster eggs, and shrimp are far more effective, 1 good plunking set up is as follows: 1/2oz casting weight, (free sliding on the line) swivel or bead pegged with 2-3 ft of line remaining, free sliding corky(big enough to float your bait) then a size 4 or 6 sickle hook, or octopus hook, if its a worm try injecting it with air instead of using the corky as well, but the corky worm combo works well too. If you are west of the mountains, brown trout fishing will pick up in the fall as the temps begin to drop. Good luck.
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.

dustyfisher007
Petty Officer

Post by dustyfisher007 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:30 am

Thank you,
i will try those and I do live on the west side and will definetly be out this fall!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:29 am

Just before sun up and just before sunset.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:30 pm

Basin, topwater, evening and night. They can be active enough to be pesky.