Beaver Lake

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
tsath24
Warrant Officer

Beaver Lake

Post by tsath24 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:33 pm

Anyone been out to Beaver Lake (King County) recently? Catch any fish there?

fullstringer98
Warrant Officer

Re: Beaver Lake

Post by fullstringer98 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:26 pm

Yes, I have caught many fish there and looking to get out there this weekend to try some dry fly trolling for the trout stocked on the 6th. I highly reccomend the lake, because of the variety and quanity of the fish. The trout can get pretty hefty in there too. I have been checkind the wdfw site for about a week to see if the lake has been stocked and I dont know if I missed it everyday I checked or what but I just saw today it was stocked on the 6th :scratch:

SamFishing
Petty Officer

Post by SamFishing » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:18 pm

What is the best bait for shore fishing at this lake? I plan to go there this weekend.

edge540
Commander

Post by edge540 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:17 pm

SamFishing wrote:What is the best bait for shore fishing at this lake? I plan to go there this weekend.

2 Chartreuse Green power eggs, red #10 gamakatsu single egg hook, 6' long 2# maxima leader, swivel, knot to main line, bead, 3/8 oz sliding egg sinker in that order. Cast out, draw up slack as the weight sinks, watch the v shaped ripples as the line draws out and the weight sinks.... when you see the line slack your on bottom. Draw up the slack without dragging the weight along the bottom and then leave a foot of line curled slack at the tip of your rod. Watch for the line to move and set the hook :cheers:

SamFishing
Petty Officer

Post by SamFishing » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:53 pm

I spent four hours at Beaver lake this morning. No bites for power egg (I tried both green and pink) [sad]. Got one rainbow using a red rooster tail with black dots. But many people, especially the guys on the boat got many rainbows.

I would like to say it is enjoyable to fish there.

SamFishing
Petty Officer

Post by SamFishing » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:55 pm

I saw many guys using floating tube there.

Can anyone recommend some good yet inexpensive floating tubes to me?

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:43 pm

SamFishing wrote:I saw many guys using floating tube there.

Can anyone recommend some good yet inexpensive floating tubes to me?
+

They are all over Craig'slist. If you want cheap they are there. But I would stay away from the "Bellyboat" style. That is the ones that have a sling type seat. Look for something that gets you up out of the water. But if you want to go ultra cheap, just get a sling seat. at least you'l be on the water. 25 bucks and you will find one.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/spo/2958031025.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/spo/2952618518.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://seattle.craigslist.org/search/sg ... uery=float" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; tube&srchType=A

fullstringer98
Warrant Officer

Post by fullstringer98 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:39 am

Will there be another plant sometime this month?

SamFishing
Petty Officer

Post by SamFishing » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:34 pm

I went to Beaver lake this morning. My buddy and I arrived at 6am, and fished from his boat. It is very productive today, both my buddy and I got our day limitation within 2 hours. I think it may due to the thick cloud that blocked the sunshine until 9am. And in this relative dark morning, the fish tended to have better appetite.