anyone fishing this weekend?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
scott080379
Commodore

anyone fishing this weekend?

Post by scott080379 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:10 am

I was thinking about hitting the green up, been awhile since I fished it. I will be heading out Sunday anyone else going?

Also, I was was wondering how to set up a jig and a float? I have don it a couplee of times but don't think I ma doing it right, any help would be great.

smoked1
Petty Officer

RE:anyone fishing this weekend?

Post by smoked1 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:29 am

I usually just put the float as high as I want the leader and then just add some split shots to the leader to make it sink a bit.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:47 pm

This is pretty much what I am setting up.. http://www.steelheadnotebook.net/images/float_jig2.jpg
Don't worry about using hollow pencil lead likein the pic. Just throw a sliding egg sinker on there so you can cast.

buy some of those of those bobber stoppers. I live the one that come on a wire. Google them.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

sellis_414
Commander

Post by sellis_414 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:10 pm

This is how I rig from top to bottom :)... Bobber Stop, Bead, Thill Slip Bobber, Swivel, Jig... Depending on the speed of the water, if fast, you can use a split shot, if slow I rig like mentioned above without the weight.

***I've just started this year fishing with this set up and have became to like it and also successful on Steelhead***
"If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer."

True Hero Rod Series Representative
Fetha Styx Associate