steelhead catch records 08 season

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
curado
Admiral

steelhead catch records 08 season

Post by curado » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:02 pm

i was wondering how many anglers landed and kept or released steelhead this season. name the river and date so that way i can add up all the steelhead caught for reference to see if the catch rates is up or down from the 08 season. for me 1 on december 26/08 wallace river and january 25/09 and lost 4 wallace sky combined.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

crankbait42
Commander

RE: steelhead catch records 08 season

Post by crankbait42 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:27 pm

1 Cowlitz April 11. Do you also want lost steelhead like ones that snapped off or just came off?

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:29 pm

sure might as well that would help the count. good idea crankbait
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

crankbait42
Commander

Post by crankbait42 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:49 pm

I lost 4 last year that I know were steelhead I cant remember the exact dates but I think i can remember the months. 1 on the green in mid January, one on the Cowlitz in October or November and 2 on blue creek in December. Thats it for me sure would of liked to catch em all. It will be interesting to see how others did over the year, good idea.

SmokinAces
Petty Officer

Post by SmokinAces » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:52 pm

Isn't this what we have fish checkers for? No offense, but data on catches can be found on the wdfw website.
Pressin' Fish On!

crankbait42
Commander

Post by crankbait42 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:03 pm

ive only talked to a fish checker maybe 3 times in my 10 years of salmon and steelhead fishing.

SmokinAces
Petty Officer

Post by SmokinAces » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:07 pm

crankbait42 wrote:ive only talked to a fish checker maybe 3 times in my 10 years of salmon and steelhead fishing.
I guess if this tread was to see who on the board caught the most steelhead last year then this thread would make a lot more sense to me. BUT MY MONEY IS ON THE SWEDESTER!!!

1 vote for Swede...it would be interesting to find out.
Pressin' Fish On!

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:16 pm

yeah it would

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:41 am

I GOT ONE#-o :-({|= OR 31:cheers:

Who cares show others how to get it done, help kids and press for more and I got skunked 7 trips in my upper holy waters=walk ins where the average days were many.:-$ :-#
I don't like that taste or smell of that and was skunked 2 or 3 times in a tub as well in pretty darn good river conditions and seeing all the others skunked does nothing for me but if there is nothing in the system the day you play the results will be lean.:cyclopsan :cyclops:

To Chase the silver bullet will humble each and all on any given day and did me as well but the winds:colors: and mother nature costs me on some trips more then fish or full work benches!
Like any sport you have to try to get a win and have a little heart as well!

I would have been adding a Sauk run in the next few days for Curdao and Noclothes1 so I could see the smile and hear the reel burn but heavy winds and massive Rains have flatlined my play grounds of late:bigsmurf: :brilsmurf

For the season we were blessed I am very happy of my numbers and for sharing my passions with others as well but truth not one of these guys hooked a fish but 3 got a play some after handing the ROD off for them about them and they loved it.!

Metalheads 5lber to a massive 25lber I will never get enough of even after my last cast they are you of the Few True Real Sportsfish left and one of are States Oldest Native living Resource a true gift from God!

Tight Lines fish on!!
Attachments
b24.jpg
b24.jpg (71.53 KiB) Viewed 2243 times
eastpig.jpg
eastpig.jpg (41.46 KiB) Viewed 2247 times
a77777.jpg
a77777.jpg (91.27 KiB) Viewed 2248 times

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:58 am

For the 2008 09 season so far I've caught 4 metals.3 kept 1 released (lost at the shores edge.No net)All out of Snoqualmie.The Green for me was a zero.
You never really know with Swede.One picture he is 20 yo and the next pic he is 40sh.Swede got the pics to show but is he for real or just scanning pics? A tough question.I believe 2/3 of what he writes and shows.He is a great showman, thats fo shor.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:44 am

All 53 numbnuts:cyclopsan :colors: but you want one at 43 years young will share that as well and its a 26.5lber with shoulders

Racefish show us any 2008 - 2009 steelhead your on or caught:cyclopsan #-o JUST DONT SHOW US BACKING THAT RIG AND TRUCK UP PLEASE!!!!

I know the camera broke the batteries were dead and you hit a Rock taking 45 minutes backing up that custom tub!!!:cyclopsan :eye: :cheers:

Fish on!!!
Attachments
a26lbermetalchrome.jpg
a26lbermetalchrome.jpg (21.86 KiB) Viewed 2234 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blackmouth
Lieutenant

Post by Blackmouth » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:24 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blackmouth
Lieutenant

Post by Blackmouth » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:30 pm

crankbait42 wrote:ive only talked to a fish checker maybe 3 times in my 10 years of salmon and steelhead fishing.
Try contacting the WDFW more if you have questions and concerns. While I haven't gotten speedy replies, I typically do get a reply...

ALike you I rarely run into a warden/checker, so I would get in touch with the WDFW if you have any Q's...

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:43 pm

You know I dont catch many fish and the very few I do catch I very seldom take pictures of them.First I forget my camera most of the time. @nd is I'm not sure how to get them on here anyways.Back in the days of 35mm film I shot many pics.I'm not too into this digital world.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:01 pm

PM me your address I have 3 need one:-$ sharing and caring for you = 8 pixil auto everything lock and load:bounce: :chef:
Will have at least have the Custom Back up jobs on film and live and current!!! :-$ :cheers:

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:59 pm

swede you have three cameras. hey i saw at joes in lake stevens a electronic reel that reels the line in for you now that is cheating i think

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:19 pm

Stop making fun of my trailer launching.Hahahaha.I have one speed.It is slow.Swede ifin I ever see you launching near me I will take even longer.Muahaha.I blame it all on my medications I take.Hehehe.I have other excuses too.I just cant think of all of them right now.I had my medication allready.I take my doses in the am at 4:20 when I get up and 12 hours later at 4:20 pm.When you get my age Swede you young whippersnapper you'll know.Yes I am older then you so you need to respect your elders.WOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo as my bro Mr Flair would say.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:20 pm

Curado the Electric reel#-o for Butts been out for a few years now, just for laughs last time down at Outdoor-Emporuim played with you then he told me with battery system pushing almost $1,000 clams
I laughed and said next real fast nothing more then a mini winch#-o :-"

Racefish I wish this is one Record you won:-$ :cheers: :colors: and I lost but I dont think so and I press more BS and toxions into my system to stay for one more day then all my fish and the needdle water side is a real pleasure as well so you think your having a off day PM me I cycle them STARING AT 1ST LIGHT MID DAY AND LIGHTS OUT AND over 40 natural things as well I like the sunrise, rain even wind now.

As far as your age I will never see it but I might get another gift another season
fighters fight and I fight on and fish on!:-$ :batman:

Darn left hookers:cyclopsan :eye:

PS= Rick was too short and needed a bra but he did have Flair and the dance and spinners crews each and every city limos and prime rib=jet profiling running Son Of a Gun!!!

Never could figure out how he passed all the blood test and not for steroids his Crew:colors: :cheers: !!! LOL
Attachments
My_life__want_some_to_stay-6.jpg
My_life__want_some_to_stay-6.jpg (86.6 KiB) Viewed 2185 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:26 pm

that aint fishing to me with a winch the size of a small marlin reel and racfish is your launching skills that bad HEHE

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

noclothes1
Lieutenant

Post by noclothes1 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:36 pm

Good God Swede!
"It's the failure that keeps me coming back"