July Sockeye on the Big C

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
mainer
Angler

July Sockeye on the Big C

Post by mainer » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:00 pm

I am thinking about taking the family camping and fishing for the fourth of July. Where would be a good place in eastern wa to target sockeye? Wanapum? Brewester? Thanks for the advice!!! :cheers:

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Re: July Sockeye on the Big C

Post by Steelheadin360 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:53 am

That may be a tad early for Brewster but it is worth a shot. With the early warm up the Ok should be running really warm by early July and set up that road block that everyone likes fishing. Staying around the Brewster area would make it a short run to fish below Wells too

zen leecher
Commander

Post by zen leecher » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:22 am

Check your fish counts before you leave. Right now there's not that many above Bonneville.

Also with as hot and dry as it's supposed to be over here I'd probably try and intercept them on the way up instead of at Brewster Pool.

mainer
Angler

Post by mainer » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:08 pm

I would fish below bonneville but up above with the 6fish limit 4 sockeye and 2 nookies that's very enticing.