best derby EVER!!!

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
oneshot
Commodore

best derby EVER!!!

Post by oneshot » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:19 pm

sorry, but i had to make this its own thread.. its just too monumental for me and my son..

My boy got the biggest fish on the boat today between us 3.. and then he won the "mystery fish" prize of $250!! if that wasn't totally freeking awesome already.. 20 minutes later his named is called again for a raffle prize.. so we walk in the area to look at prizes, the owner of doug bars wife, runs in and whispers to me where the prize was (a key to doug bar) so I walked over with my son and told him this was like gold and that he already got $250 and I paid for his raffle ticket.. SO we got the key!!

pre story, before the raffle started I tracked down and asked the owners about getting a key to doug bar and they said no more are being handed out.. thats why the wife ran in and told me when she saw my boy had won again.. super cool!!

anyways.. I think this is worth bragging about.. :-" :pirat: so proud of my boy for spanking that fish into the boat to begin with! (its on video to share soon) :cheers:

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: best derby EVER!!!

Post by Amx » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:56 am

Congrats! :cheers:
Tom.

Interests: living

ShipwreckedDude
Petty Officer

Post by ShipwreckedDude » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:40 am

Congrats man! Now could someone explain what the heck is a "a key to doug bar" Is it all you can drink?

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:24 am

Congradulations to you and your son. I didn't weigh my 3 pound hen. LOL. But I caught mine on the Sky. [thumbsup]

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:39 am

Awesome! I'm sure he'll remember this day for the rest of his life!

I'm curious too, what's the doug bar key for?

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:59 pm

Doug bar is private property along one of the fishiests stretches of the Snoho. Giant gravel bar just below Thomas eddy. U can launch boats there and avoid the crazy lines in town. And avoid the log garden to get up this high.. Its pretty hard to get keys to the place.. To me it was like a golden ticket.. We launched there this morning and got in to fish immediately.. [thumbup]

spoonman
Captain

Post by spoonman » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Used to be able to camp there.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:48 pm

oneshot wrote:Doug bar is private property along one of the fishiests stretches of the Snoho. Giant gravel bar just below Thomas eddy. U can launch boats there and avoid the crazy lines in town. And avoid the log garden to get up this high.. Its pretty hard to get keys to the place.. To me it was like a golden ticket.. We launched there this morning and got in to fish immediately.. [thumbup]
Seweet!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

drysuperfly52
Commander

Post by drysuperfly52 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:01 am

well that answers that i was thinking that is a stretch i could actually launch my boat with an electric from. congrats on the wins
Yes i am 6'8", NO i didn't play basketball in school