October 5th 2013 Snohomish/Skykomish riverside clean up

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
chongo469
Commander

October 5th 2013 Snohomish/Skykomish riverside clean up

Post by chongo469 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:12 pm

Ok, so the date for the riverside clean up party is October 5th 2013 7:00-8 :00 AM starting time.... We will discuss meeting at either Cady park in Snohomish or Al Borlin park in Monroe, unless someone can suggest another meeting site. We will be try to cover both the Snohomish river and Skykomish so we will be splitting up in the morning and meeting back at starting point for pot luck lunch, so somewhere with good parking and picnic tables would be good. Will also need volunteers with a truck to maybe make a dump run ( fee will be covered ). Bring the family, kids, friends, etc.... All welcome

(edit below by Mike)

When: October 5th, meet 7am

Where: Cady Park, Snohomish

Who: Anyone interested in cleaning up the Snohomish/Skykomish river area

What to bring: Large garbage bags, potluck lunch items (see sign up list)

Sign-up List:

Mike Carey - (2?) - bringing plates, napkins, will have truck to assist with hauling out garbage bags. WL.com will pay for Refuse Drop of garbage.

chongo469 - (2) - pop, water, juice, chips

Steelheadin360 - (1) - smoked pork

Mordalphus - (2) - fruit salad

natetreat - (1) - smoked fish, and of course, Dr Pepper!

jd39 - (1) - smoked fish

FinChaserNW - (3) -

drysuperfly52 - (1) - homemade potato salad

strider43 - (1) -

oneshot - (1) -

spoonman - (1) -

spadman- (1) - Tuscan bean salad

slupot - (?2) -

luisdabeast206 - (1) -

Gringo - (1) - boat, truck, garbage bags

bassplayer17 - (1)

bcustom1
Petty Officer

Re: October 5th 2013 Snohomish/Skykomish riverside clean up

Post by bcustom1 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:35 am

Requested it off. Let's make it happen!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:56 am

OK, made this a sticky. Let's make it happen and turn out in force! 7am on a Saturday, we can fish and clean up the varies areas on the Snohomish/Skykomish.

Sign up on this thread and I'll add your name to the list. Include how many in your group and what you'll be bringing.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

chongo469
Commander

Post by chongo469 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:26 am

I will be there with at least my 12 yr old daughter so ( 2 ) and I will bring garbage bags, Pop, Water, Juice, and Chips

P.S.... Thank you Mike Carey for making a wonderful site and letting us be a part of your interwebs family...

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:13 am

I am there, I can smoke a large pork butt for pulled pork sandwhiches

Mordalphus
Lieutenant

Post by Mordalphus » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:28 am

I'll be there with my son. I'll bring garbage bags and fruit salad

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:25 am

I will be there with an empty truck full of trash bags. I'll lead a team to clean up one of the biggest blights, Thomas Eddy comes to mind, and we definitely need to tackle Reiter and the Cracker Bar/Ranch. To add fuel to the fire and incentive, all WaLakers that show up will get 20% off a trip that they book with me.

I'm bringing smoked salmon and steelhead, and Dr. Pepper.

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:04 am

I think one of the dirtiest spots i know is the cheater bar. Off short school rd.

I like Nate's idea- I will throw together some brand new Joel's Jigs and Cleardrift floats for a little raffle.

jd39
Commander

Post by jd39 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:50 am

I'll be there with a truck and trash bags. Will bring smoked kokanee or salmon (hopefully), if not, hotdogs buns and a small grill to heat em up. I make homemade trout/kokanee wedding rings that I'd happily throw into a raffle, not river fishing gear but it's what I can contribute. Just let me know. Tight line all.

FinChaserNW
Petty Officer

Post by FinChaserNW » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:21 pm

I'll be there, plus 2 at least. Happy to go on foot or I can bring the drift boat and hit areas that cannot be reached from shore. Sent an email to several fishing friends/coworkers about it too so I should have more volunteers soon.

Scott

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:44 pm

Maybe I should go on the fourth and litter the banks up a lil bit so y'all have guarantee garbage to pick up. On the serious side dont forget to get gloves to wear. You dont want to touch a whole lot with your bare hands. Even get some of those trash pick up sticks which is a round dowel with a nail in it. We all know what we do on the banks during fishing. To a man the world is our bathroom [-X

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:45 pm

I've got it on my calendar. I'll have my truck, boat and garbage bags, have no idea yet what else. [thumbsup]
My mom is just now revocering from hip and knee replacement. She's got two of those grabber thingys to pick stuff up at a distance, I'll have to borrow em [wink]
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:53 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:I've got it on my calendar. I'll have my truck, boat and garbage bags, have no idea yet what else. [thumbsup]
My mom is just now revocering from hip and knee replacement. She's got two of those grabber thingys to pick stuff up at a distance, I'll have to borrow em [wink]
Awesome! I call shotgun. Seriously, we can put your boat in and ferry people to river locations, and garbage bags to trucks for hauling out. Food, raffles, hard work...I sense this event is going to be pretty darn cool.

Time to up the ante - anyone that shows up and helps will get a one year Premium Membership. We'll also contribute some gear from our various sponsors for the raffle or however Chongo wants to handle that.

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:56 pm

Pretty sure i'm in..
chongo, hit me up, lets sync up maybe with your boat if needed.. i'll be on your team is what i'm saying or if you got a full load i can coordinate with someone else.

chongo469
Commander

Post by chongo469 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Mike Carey wrote:
Gringo Pescador wrote:I've got it on my calendar. I'll have my truck, boat and garbage bags, have no idea yet what else. [thumbsup]
Awesome! I call shotgun. Seriously, we can put your boat in and ferry people to river locations, and garbage bags to trucks for hauling out. Food, raffles, hard work...I sense this event is going to be pretty darn cool.

Time to up the ante - anyone that shows up and helps will get a one year Premium Membership. We'll also contribute some gear from our various sponsors for the raffle or however Chongo wants to handle that.
I don't have a lot of raffle experience so if you like to handle that part Mike, I will gladly hand over the raffle duties... [biggrin]

Oneshot, you are more than welcome on my team and in my boat....

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:01 pm

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:15 pm

i've done raffles before.. pretty simple.. buy a big roll of tickets and hand them out to everyone that shows up.. or maybe as each person brings in a bag of garbage.. each bag gets you a ticket?

lots of ways to distribute tickets.. but all it takes is product to dole out and raffle tickets..

I may do some filming and edits.. we need to catch a few fish though in the process :)

spoonman
Captain

Post by spoonman » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:34 pm

If y'all want I can requisition a dump truck from work with an auto tarp and lift gate it will haul twelve yards of trash and the lift gate makes it easy to load by hand. Hit me up if interested if not ill just show to ready to pick up trash.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:25 am

Mike Carey wrote:
Awesome! I call shotgun. Seriously, we can put your boat in and ferry people to river locations, and garbage bags to trucks for hauling out.
I'd be happy to be the Gringo Garbage barge for the day.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:07 am

I also have the Durango, So i can take 3 guys and myself very comfortably up to the sky or where ever we end up.