Jig Color Combos

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Brat Bonker
Admiral

Jig Color Combos

Post by Brat Bonker » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:26 pm

I have been tying a lot of jigs lately trying an endless array of color combinations with 2 colors of jig heads, hot pink and orange and I am wondering what are some good combos I should try tying with those and marabou tails.

spoonman
Captain

Re: Jig Color Combos

Post by spoonman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:35 pm

I have had success with Orange head, white body Orange tail kind of like a creamcicle. Made one the other day hot pink white body and salmon egg colored yarn I want to try

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:21 am

I tied up some pink heads with orange or purple marabou tails and they look good. Anyone ever use orange with red and white jigs?

FishingThePacNW
Commander

Post by FishingThePacNW » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:49 pm

saw a guy nail a 10lb steelie on the wallace on a orange head with black tail, im gunna tie up one of those!

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:52 pm

i have done good with orange head and white tail/body but I mainly use pink/white or nightmare, just trying to expand my color options.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:16 pm

There are way too many bud. I've seen it all. When all else fails, nightmare.. have you tried yarn tails? I don't fish jigs as much these days but stick to what you've had success with in the past and maybe tweek a bit here and there..

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:21 pm

jens wrote:There are way too many bud. I've seen it all. When all else fails, nightmare.. have you tried yarn tails? I don't fish jigs as much these days but stick to what you've had success with in the past and maybe tweek a bit here and there..
Dude, they still let you you on this site? JK, LOL. Nice to see you're out and about. What have you been having success on lately outside of jigs?

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:29 pm

jens wrote:There are way too many bud. I've seen it all. When all else fails, nightmare.. have you tried yarn tails? I don't fish jigs as much these days but stick to what you've had success with in the past and maybe tweek a bit here and there..
I have not had much luck with yarn jigs mostly marabou and the aero jig bodies have produced.