recent cow glowslosh steelhat

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

recent cow glowslosh steelhat

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:03 pm

to slosh or not to slosh some recent glowslosher fish landed over 100 already tons of midteener to 18# :tongue: :lolImage[ImageImageImageImageImageImage
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Re: recent cow glowslosh steelhat

Post by Brat Bonker » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:26 pm

got my first glow ball metalhat christmas night not as big as yours though [drool] [drool] keep on sloshing!

Augwen
Lieutenant

Post by Augwen » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:14 am

Nice fish!!!

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:00 pm

Metal wrote:What is slosh or sloshing?
It's flosh and floshing. Night time dental work, the Blue Creek way. :scratch:

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:58 pm

^^ i second that
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:56 pm

Metal wrote:Heck u catch plenty of them without flossing them in there. They will attack a glow corkie with white yarn smeared in mikes glow shrimp. No three zip code long leader needed.
i like the guys who spey cast their leaders because they are so long, whip it around 10 times to get it off the ground... or so i hear, never bank fished the cow

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:19 pm

The Cow at Blue Creek is a freakin joke along with "most" not all, that fish it (so don't be offended if you are not part of the 6' +++ leader crowd). I stopped fishing the Cow years ago because of the mess it has become along with pretty much all hatchery drifts.

One of the last times that I fished there I did see some people actually coiling their 10' + leaders up on the ground behind them before each cast. That's about the point I realized that I was done going there.

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:32 pm

mallard83 wrote: One of the last times that I fished there I did see some people actually coiling their 10' + leaders up on the ground behind them before each cast. That's about the point I realized that I was done going there.
love it, HAHA so hilarious. Ive seen guys do good on bobber jigs, but its mostly a floss fest for sure, especially the "glowballing" Look in the dictionary, i bet you a synonym for glowballing is "snagging"

kingfisherman1
Petty Officer

Post by kingfisherman1 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:37 pm

So steelies don't attack glowballs? Why would someone go through the trouble of flossin' at night when most people just do it in the day?

I'm confused. Whats the difference?

primetime
Commander

Post by primetime » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:43 pm

Never been a flosser. I really don't get how it's an advantage? Unless you are just straight snagging fish.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:56 pm

Are we really going to do this again? Why doesn't everybody take a second to pat themselves on the back for their ethics before we all look like jerks.

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:02 pm

natetreat wrote:Are we really going to do this again? Why doesn't everybody take a second to pat themselves on the back for their ethics before we all look like jerks.
I just got done giving myself a pat.....thanks I needed that. You fish Tokul don't you? Now I guess I'm a jerk, and I'm ok with that. :salut:

primetime
Commander

Post by primetime » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:04 pm

natetreat wrote:Are we really going to do this again? Why doesn't everybody take a second to pat themselves on the back for their ethics before we all look like jerks.
Haha. I like it!

primetime
Commander

Post by primetime » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:13 pm

Just watched 3 dudes straight spoon snagging at the hatch two days ago. 2 silvers, 3 steel smolt, and 1 hatch brat. They were nice enough to throw back the smolt haha. Classic. No one should complain about flossing when you see dudes like that

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:36 pm

And the debate continues....
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:03 pm

BassDood wrote:And the debate continues....
Yup, and it's so easy to get started. lol. [laugh]

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:54 am

kingfisherman1 wrote:So steelies don't attack glowballs? Why would someone go through the trouble of flossin' at night when most people just do it in the day?
I'm confused. Whats the difference?
Not really sure about that either. I've caught a lot of trout on glow in the dark gear and you certanly don't floss in the lake. I've also been know to use glow in the dark, spin & glows, surely its tough to floss while plunking.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:07 am

Is everyone a little bored? Not able to get out and wet a line? Forget what a dictionary is for? Maybe a little jealousy at ODH’s sloshingly chrome success? High horse just a little too tall to hop off? Perhaps, instead, may I suggest a remedial reading course?

From Merriam & Webster:

slosh
verb
Definition of SLOSH
intransitive verb

1: to flounder or splash through water, mud, or slush
2: to move with a splashing motion <the water sloshed around him — Bill Alcine>
transitive verb
1: to splash about in liquid
2: to splash (a liquid) about or on something
3: to splash with liquid
Examples of SLOSH
1. The children sloshed through the big puddle.
2. Water sloshed in the bottom of the boat as it rocked.
3. Juice sloshed over the rim of her glass.
4. The child sloshed the water in the tub.
First Known Use of SLOSH

Now I could very well be wrong but somehow the pieces just don’t seem to fit. Sloshing is exactly what one would do when fishing for a day or night at the Cow in the rain. One could also be sloshing around if said person was doing some partying and or drinking while fishing from the bank. Sloshing is also something one might do if you were trapped in your waders for an extended period of time (drinking compounds this sloshing).
ODH is one of the guys on this forum that catches a lot of fish and is and is normally an outspoken opponent of flossing so, I’m not sure how anyone would make a leap from sloshing around in the rain to, he’s using a 10 foot leader. There’s an awful lot of assumptions going on here. I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to see that loosely, rhyming is as close as one going to get to equating sloshing and flossing. All I can say is I wouldn't want you guys on a jury judging me. One correct use a word and you're ready to hang him.....

As has been said before:

Haters Gonna Hate.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Ghanilorn666
Petty Officer

Post by Ghanilorn666 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:01 pm

+100 ^^^

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:17 pm

I appreciate the vocab lesson very much Bodo. Very informative. Congrats on using google and a dictionary. It brought back great memories from when I was a kid SLOSHING around on the river bank while my grandpa and older brother were fishing for winterrun. BTW I couldn't find a horse that was tall enough for me so I just got myself a boomlift. It's easier to get back on the ground that way.

Call me a hater if you would like, it makes no difference. You got your opinions on things and so do I. You wanna whine about my floshing comment (that I found rather amusing), that's awesome to me. If you read back you will also see that I never said that HE was using a 10' leader, I said that when I used to fish down there that was starting to be a problem with others I saw. That is what makes forums great, differing opinions. It would be pretty dull conversations/threads if we all thought alike. Basically there wouldn't be any forums. The only thing I think we can all agree on is that fishing is one of the true passions in our lives. We wouldn't talk about it or do it all the time if it weren't.

Fish on and tight lines. [thumbsup]