Looking for Columbia River Fishing Buddy

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
ShakeNBake
Petty Officer

Looking for Columbia River Fishing Buddy

Post by ShakeNBake » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:05 pm

I am currently looking for an experienced person that knows the river, specifically the Vernita Bridge area. I am new to salmon fishing, although I do have the boat and most of the equipment(Cannon downrigger, kicker,etc.)Most of my buddy's are into bass fishing and have no experience on the Columbia.I would like to learn the technique of backtrolling with a downrigger. So, if anybody has an open seat or would like to ride with me, let me know. I am less than an hour away from Vernita. I have also heard that guys are landing kings in the Wanapum dam area.
I guess I also could spend a little cash and pay a guide to show me the ropes. Does anybody on here have any recommendations on a good guide as well?

Thanks Tony(rivercamp72) for the idea!

Aaron

DanH
Angler

Re: Looking for Columbia River Fishing Buddy

Post by DanH » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:34 am

I don't know if you found anyone yet. Sorry, I can't be of any help regarding a fishing buddy, I'm new to fishing for salmon on the Columbia as well.

As for a guide, I went with Shane Magnuson. He is a good guy, showed me how to fish down at Crab Creek in the Priest Rapids Pool. I know he fishes Vernita as well as he came from down there to meet me below Wanapum dam.

You can check out his website:
http://www.uppercolumbiaguide.com/

ShakeNBake
Petty Officer

Re: Looking for Columbia River Fishing Buddy

Post by ShakeNBake » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:57 am

I just noticed this post. Thanks DanH.