Patteros lodging?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
gpc
Admiral

Patteros lodging?

Post by gpc » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:11 am

Hey WL.com family it has been too long. Its that time of year again when I get "the itch". With work, the holidays, and yucky weather I havnt been on the water in months. December 6th was the last time I wet a line. But a couple days after my last outing, someone decided they needed my river bag a little more than I did. So 90% of my salmon/steelhead gear a couple reels, and my G.Loomis back pack are all gone. But with the holidays over I am starting to get back on my feet.

Well anyway I have an anniversary coming up an I am thinking Lake Patteros for steelies might be worth a shot. I have never been in that area other than a Methow trip when I was a kid. So really just any basic info about a fishing spot or a place to stay would be greatly appreciated. The trip will be taking place in mid. February, so if there are any other options around that time period, I am all ears.

Thanks in advance,

Garrett

Big D

RE:Patteros lodging?

Post by Big D » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:25 am

Here ya go. Nice folks and nice place to stay. http://pateroslakeshoreinn.com/
Here's a Hawg Quest episode that was filmed in the area:http://vimeo.com/11246621
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:47 pm

Check the reports section for Pateros, its has been ON recently. Its definitely worth the trip! Shrimp tails on a jig under a slip bobber is the popular technique.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:13 pm

Hey GPC...that's a real bummer about your gear..very infuriating. Give Bob a call (509-689-3473) at the Triangle Shell station in Brewster. He will give you honest answers from what’s working, where to go and where to stay. He’s a great source to help you plan a great and hopefully successful trip!

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:43 pm

Wow thanks guys. This was just the stuff I was looking for.

Big D: I checked out that hotel and that would be perfect. The plan is to stay there, hopefully they have an open room for us.

Matt: I read through all the reports and your tip seems spot on. The only problem is almost all the reports are from a boat. I will be banking it that weekend. But none the less, still some good info.

mav186: I have heard nothing but good stuff about the Triangle Shell in Brewster, never really been out that way though. Its nice to finally have a reason to call them. Thanks for the contact number.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:26 pm

The bobber/jig technique can be done from the shore just as easily. Certain areas are more accessible by the bankies, but tons of people do it. The banks are fairly steep and mostly rock so they drop off quick enough you can just flip a bobber out there and get after 'em.

The Outdoor Line did a fantastic Blog on the fishing there last year, it was very helpful for me when we were planning a trip over there:

http://blog.theoutdoorline.com/post/200 ... n-616.aspx

Also check out this article put out by WA/OR Game&Fish, 4 solid pages of VERY helpful info:

http://preview.wogameandfish.com/fishin ... index.html

Good luck and be sure to post up when you get back, you guys will have an absolute blast!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:28 pm

gpc wrote:Wow thanks guys. This was just the stuff I was looking for.

Big D: I checked out that hotel and that would be perfect. The plan is to stay there, hopefully they have an open room for us.

Matt: I read through all the reports and your tip seems spot on. The only problem is almost all the reports are from a boat. I will be banking it that weekend. But none the less, still some good info.

mav186: I have heard nothing but good stuff about the Triangle Shell in Brewster, never really been out that way though. Its nice to finally have a reason to call them. Thanks for the contact number.
If you think of it mention you heard about them on WL.com. Always looking for more resort/motel sponsors. Thanks.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:14 pm

It's on like Donkey Kong, 2 buddies and I leave tomorrow morning at 6am and will be staying in Pateros until Sunday. Probably going to hit Pateros and Rufus both. Reports to come.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:46 pm

Sittin on my bed at the motor inn in Pateros right now..... in case you're all wondering fishing has been great! Reports to come.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Just wanted to thank everyone again for the info and tips on Patteros. It was my first time there and what a great little area for fishing. You have Lake Patteros, Methow River, Okanogan (sp?) river, Alta lake, 2 other lakes and Rufus woods all with in a half hour drive. Plus lake Chelan and Lake Roosevelt are right in that area as well. I know where I am going to plan a week long trip next time I get laid off.

The weather was beutiful all weekend. There wasnt a whole lot of people fishing however. Quite a few fly guys on the Methow, about 8 boats all weekend at Patteros and more trafic, but not packed up at Brandts Landing. We fished jigs at Patteros for about an hour and plunked power bait at Rufus for about 2 hours. The lady missed a bite at Rufus, and that was the only action all weekend.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Awesome dude, glad you got to go enjoy some QT in god's country!