anybody fishing mud bay?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
spokey9
Captain

anybody fishing mud bay?

Post by spokey9 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:45 pm

i've never fished that place and heard there were a few good lookin' fish in there, any tips?
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:anybody fishing mud bay?

Post by Toni » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:25 pm

Don't go with me. :)
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:39 am

spokey9 wrote:i've never fished that place and heard there were a few good lookin' fish in there, any tips?
Kind of a weird concept, but everyone plunks corky/yarn. Typical colors, Chartreuse/Orange. 18-24 inches of leader. Use enough weight to hold offering on the bottom. I recommend bringing a rod holder. If you set your rod down on the ground, you might be leaving home without one if left unattended. 3 hours before incoming tide is best.
"One more......."

MoreFish
Angler

Post by MoreFish » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:42 pm

Just out of curiosity, where is Mud Bay?

River, lake, sound? seems like a fairly non-descript name that could be for almost anywhere.

thanks!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:59 pm

jens wrote:
spokey9 wrote:i've never fished that place and heard there were a few good lookin' fish in there, any tips?
Kind of a weird concept, but everyone plunks corky/yarn. Typical colors, Chartreuse/Orange. 18-24 inches of leader. Use enough weight to hold offering on the bottom. I recommend bringing a rod holder. If you set your rod down on the ground, you might be leaving home without one if left unattended. 3 hours before incoming tide is best.
Yep. I fished the outgoing tide and only had a few bites. It is Marine area 13...the creek is closed.
Mud Bay is the end of Eld Inlet where Mclane creek is. I fished by the 101 bridge and the traffic noise is great. Fish can be fresh as they enter the creek but there are zombies there also.

When using the corkies you have to have enough to float the hook off the bottom. I used 2 size 10 corkies and a size 1 hook.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.