Rain!

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
jd39
Commander

Re: Rain!

Post by jd39 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:00 pm

natetreat wrote:Don't worry about it. Some people have nothing better to do than pretend to be me online.
Thanks Nate.
Not sure what I find more disturbing, the levels to which some will sink online (and in real life sometimes) or that I keep being naive and caught off guard by it.

jd39
Commander

Post by jd39 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:19 pm

skagit510 wrote:me neither jd. looks like someone has too much time on their hands. i apologize for the misunderstanding, i was agitated about it and acted quickly. I'm human i guess. hopefully it gets sorted out quickly as a friend of mine sent me the link so others have seen it. and for those who will say its legal what's the big deal. well.....it is a big deal cause if you are a guide you should educatefolks and not bonk. our wild runs are on average at four percent of historical abundance. every fish counts that get by the nets. i believe this is something Nate and i see eye to eye on. furthermore i doubt any guide with a look to the long term would want to kill their business partner.
I think we agree on this subject as well. Didn't agree with your method, trolling a thread about rain, to drive a conflict over it though but as you point out nobody is perfect and it was all a misunderstanding anyway. Take care skagit510.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:03 pm

jd39 wrote:Thanks Nate. Not sure what I find more disturbing, the levels to which some will sink online (and in real life sometimes) or that I keep being naive and caught off guard by it.
Anonymity breeds bravery. When there is no fear of punishment or retribution, bad people do bad things. It's not unique to fishing websites, and has been around for as long as BB's have been operating. It's disgusting. And illegal, but there is no way to catch them. It just serves as a reminder to us that their are awful people out there. The internet allows the worst of society to congregate and it gives them a voice and an audience for their hatred. All we can do is pray for them, and hope that they will become better people.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:03 pm

I don't know what the link was to, but I have a serious issue with someone posting a link to another web site and making the assumption that the poster on that site was the same member that is on this site. To feign ignorance that it was an imposter is pretty hard for me to believe.
I can't believe I need to add yet another "rule" for forum behavior on this site. Isn't this one pretty obvious?

Don't post links to forums on other web sites.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".