Egg Question

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Adam B.
Petty Officer

Egg Question

Post by Adam B. » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:59 pm

Looking to start doing some river fishing (despite all the closures) and wanting to get some eggs cured. I didn't save any of the salmon eggs I got from the pinks or coho in the salt water I caught earlier this year. My question would be if Cutthroat eggs would work? I got two Cutts today, one with very small egg sacks and the other had larger eggs. Would I be able to cure the eggs just like salmon eggs and use thoughs for drifting from the bank? I bleed the fish right after catching them, then kept them cold in the cooler before getting home. Thanks for your guys help.

BentRod
Admiral

Re: Egg Question

Post by BentRod » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:23 pm

Adam B. wrote:Looking to start doing some river fishing (despite all the closures) and wanting to get some eggs cured. I didn't save any of the salmon eggs I got from the pinks or coho in the salt water I caught earlier this year. My question would be if Cutthroat eggs would work? I got two Cutts today, one with very small egg sacks and the other had larger eggs. Would I be able to cure the eggs just like salmon eggs and use thoughs for drifting from the bank? I bleed the fish right after catching them, then kept them cold in the cooler before getting home. Thanks for your guys help.
I'm sure they'd work just fine. Better than nothing.