Puyallup river pink location for 1st timer

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
rmerikle
Petty Officer

Puyallup river pink location for 1st timer

Post by rmerikle » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:48 pm

i will be taking a 18 year old kid out pink fishing for the first time and need recommendations on where to take him. Since this will be his first time doing anything like this I am hoping to find a place that is away from people and does not require waders. Yea right I know but where would you suggest us at least try. He is somewhat shy so I don't want him to get scared off the first time out. I am willing to make the trip to the sky or green if necessary but thinking puyallup will be best bet and closest.

Thanks in advance

hlindsay
Warrant Officer

Re: Puyallup river pink location for 1st timer

Post by hlindsay » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:57 pm

I don't know about away from people, but I know there is some areas on the north side between E Main and where the white flows in that didn't need waders last time I was there.

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:08 pm

lots of places on the sky to find solitude, especially concidering how dark the fish are up there. there are pull offs along the river on ben howard rd just east of monroe, the closer you get to sultan the better. if you want nice bright fish in a river, expect to see people.
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.

rmerikle
Petty Officer

Post by rmerikle » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:20 pm

jonb wrote: if you want nice bright fish in a river, expect to see people.
Good point maybe that is what I will do take him further up river.

Blunatic
Petty Officer

Post by Blunatic » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:56 pm

rmerikle wrote:
jonb wrote: if you want nice bright fish in a river, expect to see people.
Good point maybe that is what I will do take him further up river.
Further up river means darker fish if you are going for pinks.... the zombies are already headed down stream... the good news is some bright silvers are mixed in with the pinks!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:51 pm

One can get bright fish upriver even on the Carbon but to find a place without people will not be easy.
You might be able to find less people by paying the money for Riverbend campground entrance by Lacey on the Nisqually.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.