Methow River (winthrop)

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
mpagul
Angler

Methow River (winthrop)

Post by mpagul » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:38 am

Was wondering if there are any simple areas to access the Methow river near Winthrop. I submitted a post to the flyfishing section but no bites on it ;)

4n6fisher
Warrant Officer

Re: Methow River (winthrop)

Post by 4n6fisher » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:50 pm

There is access right in town, at the bridge (south of town one), and if you take the back road to Twisp (left at bridge leaving town) there are a number of spots to pull off. There are also a few access sites along the main road, pretty easy to find. You will just have to avoid all the rafters and tubers.

gregsalmon
Petty Officer

Post by gregsalmon » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:35 pm

I was born in Winthrop, seen the steelheading go from GREAT to poor, back to GREAT, now its kinda tough again. I do not go there anymore, to many ascot wearing guides in every hole. The public access areas are seriously plugged....

odddoylerules
Petty Officer

Post by odddoylerules » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:34 am

Is that the methow that flows down the highway to Pateros? If u know a little Spanish most of the workers won't mind if u fish with em... I've caught fish in that river about a half dozen spots going up towards winthrop, got my first ever fly caught fish near a highway bridge in some big pocket water (albeit on spinning gear)

mpagul
Angler

Post by mpagul » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:19 pm

Thanks for the info guys, hopefully they dont put any restrictions on the river while im there