Willapa River?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
SportRadical
Angler

Willapa River?

Post by SportRadical » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi guys, I am wondering if anyone has any info. they would be willing to share with me on willapa river or the rivers in the area. I have never fished this area and have no clue what it's like down there, but I want to try something new. I have not been able to find any public access bank fishing areas online. I found what looks like a hatchery in the upper river on google maps, but doesn't look like their is any access to the river. I understand not wanting to put your knowledge on a public forum so please PM me=)Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Chad

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Re: Willapa River?

Post by MarkFromSea » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:06 pm

I'm not much of a river guy but this link looked real good for Willapa info:
http://www.leeroysramblings.com/Willapa_river.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

schu7498
Commander

Post by schu7498 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:40 pm

It will be very hard to get any info about the willapa. The river is 99% private. Any fishermen that do fish the river are highly secretive. Just mentioning the name online im sure has guys cringing.

SportRadical
Angler

Post by SportRadical » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:49 pm

Thanks mark, I re-read that article looks like their may be some bank access to try. Schu7498, ha ya I figured it was like that, and I don't blame people at all=). I will just have to do a recon trip and hopefully find a way to get to the water without being shot ha.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:48 pm

You're welcome! If I want to treat my gal to a waterfront cabin, I'll re read that article. LOL Those looked pretty special! ;)

What I was impressed with IS: it seemed PARTS of the river are fished with anything that floats.... almost like the smaller the better.

Mark Collett
Angler

Post by Mark Collett » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:55 am

Hi Chad,
I live in Raymond and know of a few places you might consider fishing.
Smith Creek/North River--a decent boat launch there and some bank access if you don't mind beating the bushes a little.
Ward Creek on the Willapa is decent for plunking.There are a few spots off Monohan Rd. where you can fish also.
Several other rivers further south--the Palix,Nemah,and Naselle Rivers are all nice creeks with plenty of fish.
You just need to get out there and pay your dues.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:19 pm

That's a great article. I can understand the cringe factor all right. Another spot to have an adventure!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:50 pm

Mike Carey wrote:That's a great article. I can understand the cringe factor all right. Another spot to have an adventure!
Adventure and catching fish is what it's all about! [biggrin]

http://www.leeroysramblings.com/Willapa_river.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;