Brewster pool fishing

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Jeremy_Lerv
Petty Officer

Brewster pool fishing

Post by Jeremy_Lerv » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:19 pm

I was wondering if my 14' alumacraft would work to fish in the brewster pool. I only have a trolling motor but i've had it out on lake entiat in a pretty strong current so I thought I might be able to take it to brewster for some sockeye fishing. If so, what setup would I need to troll for sockeye? Thanks, -Jeremy

kodacachers
Lieutenant

Re: Brewster pool fishing

Post by kodacachers » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi Jeremy,
For the setup, Dave Graybill has a great article right here on the website--check out the home page. Good luck.

zen leecher
Commander

Post by zen leecher » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:40 pm

You will need to find a closer launch to Brewster pool if your's is an electric trolling motor.

Jeremy_Lerv
Petty Officer

Post by Jeremy_Lerv » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:46 pm

zen leecher wrote:You will need to find a closer launch to Brewster pool if your's is an electric trolling motor.
Ok but an electric trolling motor will work right?

Big D

Post by Big D » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:48 pm

Jeremy_Lerv wrote:
zen leecher wrote:You will need to find a closer launch to Brewster pool if your's is an electric trolling motor.
Ok but an electric trolling motor will work right?
It would work if you could launch in the pool but you can't. There's a couple of boat launches, one (nice) launch at Brewster and unimproved mud launch up the Okanogan river both of which are a mile or two away from the pool. If you had extra batteries and the weather stays nice you could probably do it, but you'll also be fighting lots of current (2mph) going upriver and tons of other boats while traveling in both directions. I’ve seen several boat collisions, lots of yelling and heard of one fist fight. Last Saturday there were over 300 boats in the area. I have seen a kayak working the pool but he spent as much time resting on shore as he did fishing. Good luck if you try it…

stattonmw
Angler

Post by stattonmw » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:31 am

has anyone been fishing for kings in this area...? I will be in Wenatchee for a couple days during the weekend before my trip to Brewster pool, how was fishing been down lower?