My website is now live! Check it out.

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

My website is now live! Check it out.

Post by natetreat » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:17 pm

http://www.natetreatfishing.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My website is now up and ready to look at! You'll be able to keep up with our adventures on my blog, and I'll update it regularly so keep checking back. It's been a work in progress for a while now, but it's 100% ready to go now.

sickbayer
Commodore

Re: My website is now live! Check it out.

Post by sickbayer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:19 am

Looks great, and seems very sincere. Heck I might book ya.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:55 am

Very nice website!!! I really like it.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:21 am

Nicely done Nate!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

deepbuzzer
Petty Officer

Post by deepbuzzer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:32 am

Good looking website, but there isn't any rates under your trip and rates header.. Unless I am missing something..

edge540
Commander

Post by edge540 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:39 pm

Grat Job Nate, looks first class and it loads fast =D>

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:14 pm

deepbuzzer wrote:Good looking website, but there isn't any rates under your trip and rates header.. Unless I am missing something..
It's in the "All Gear Provided" paragraph

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:39 pm

nice site nate i may hire you one day when i fish up north which i never have...btw you should put da cowlitz at a secret section on your site hahahah :-$
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:41 pm

Very nice Nate! Best of luck :cheers:

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:56 pm

deepbuzzer wrote:Good looking website, but there isn't any rates under your trip and rates header.. Unless I am missing something..
Yes, I was a little vague. I've added detailed rate descriptions now to avoid confusion. Thanks for the heads up! It's always a work in progress, I'll tinker with it as I find improvements that I want to make.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:46 pm

"Local Lake Lessons

Full day trip $175 first person, $100 each additional angler

Special trips at our states most productive and scenic rivers. Steelhead and salmon thrive in the Humptulips, Queets, Quillayute and Hoh rivers. These river are large and remote and can pose a steep learning curve for new anglers, and these destination lessons give you a head start on location, techniques and run timings."

Is this right Nate?
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

FishingThePacNW
Commander

Post by FishingThePacNW » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:00 pm

Nice website man ill try and convince my dad to take a guided trip down the Hump for Fall kings and coho!

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:24 am

Sheesh! Glad you guys are reading the site and not just glancing! Yea, the script was picking up the wrong field for some reason, all is well with the world. That's what I get for putting it live before I test it, but I made impulse changes for ya'll to look at.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:43 am

Hehehehehehe.. Nate the term is dog fooding. Toss it out there and see how she runs! The general populace is the best beta testing group in the world... Oh it is the world! hehehehehe Awesome site man!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:05 am

Nate, do you fly fish? Or strictly spin and level wind type fishing?

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:35 am

I fly fish sometimes, but mainly in the rivers. I just made a new custom fly rod with stuff I got from the sportsmen show.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Looks GREAT! Just a couple of small typos that I spotted that I'm sure you'll catch. I'm looking forward to revisiting it to watch it evolve into a finished product.... It might just be my screen, I found some of the print harder to read than I'm used to. Other than that, GREAT job!
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:15 pm

natetreat wrote:I fly fish sometimes, but mainly in the rivers. I just made a new custom fly rod with stuff I got from the sportsmen show.
What line weight, length, brand of blank and accessories did you pick up? Was/is this your first build? I made my own cork handle reamers from a donor, salmon rod blank. Rod was cut into 3 different size sections. Then, razor knife 1 1/2" emery cloth down the middle, into the width that works best for each sized section. Then, barber pole the emery cloth up each of the 3 different sized rod pieces. Starting at the narrow end and working toward the thicker end. Use really sticky tape to wrap end of emery cloth to rod at each end. I had ordered 4 cork handles off of Ebay, only because that is what was in the auction. Used two of them to epoxy to the fat end of the reamer. They work really well.
Here is an idea. Although this method uses particulate's, epoxied to the piece of fishing rod (reamer), instead of emery cloth. http://www.rodbuildingforum.com/index.p ... topic=6386" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mine look like this. Only, with cork handle. http://www.acidrod.com/tools_cork.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Yea, I made my own reamer from an old broken rod. Glued emery to it in a candy cane fashion. Worked pretty well. Also made my own wrapped and drying motor out of old reels and an electric motor from an old toy. Going from high rpms low torque to 10 rpm was an interesting adventure, but managed to do it with a few worm gears and other scavenged stuff. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is a foot pedal powered rod wrapper.

It's my first build, but I've got a couple more blanks lined up. Just saving up to get the fancy addons. Also I hate getting things on the internet so trying to find local retailers that sell this stuff is tough. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

The rod I'm building right now is on a pac bay blank, 5 wt. Pac bay guides, and the fancy reel seat. The other blank I have is a st. croix, and a few brandless blanks. I've also got a sage vxp 5 wt blank, and I'm going to wait until I get some practice to build on that, it's a super sweet blank.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:47 am

"Avid Angler" Lake Forest Park, fly anglers heaven. Look em up, give em a call. they are very close. recently moved to new store but same shopping mall. I haven't checked out new location yet.
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"