guides?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
drewser
Angler

guides?

Post by drewser » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Alright so, pretty much ive been headin out fishin a lot for a while and havent hooked into anything yet . . . at this point im wanting to throw down money on a guide just to hopefully catch something. Only problem Ive encountered is all the ones I find are 2+ people minimum. Im looking for a one on one guide if that even exists. Anyone have any recomendations? Im in the Seattle area. Oh and Im looking for a river guide, and Im sorry if theres anywhere else I should have posted this, I couldnt find a "guide" section.
Thank you,

dicinu
Commander

Re: guides?

Post by dicinu » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:42 pm

As for Guides I have no clue about there is a feature on the fourm with Sponsors Check in there you may find who you are looking for and also what river you may want to go one may help others give advise...

What part of Wa?

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:54 am

You can give me the cash and ill put you on fish :)

drewser
Angler

Post by drewser » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:32 am

Thanks Dicinu, Ill check that out for sure. Im in Seattle.

Tnj, I would honestly be totally ok with that if your serious. In fact if anyone ever just has an extra spot on a boat or are heading out to the river bank and dont mind someone tagging a long trying to learn a thing or two, Id be totally willing to pay for gas or food or something, have some gear. Im not new to fishing, just salmon fishing. I went out after silvers on the snohomish yesterday, but never found any fish. Feel free to PM me.

drewser
Angler

Post by drewser » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:47 am

forgot to mention, I usually fish on the Snohomish and the Sky.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:00 am

drewser wrote:Alright so, pretty much ive been headin out fishin a lot for a while and havent hooked into anything yet . . . at this point im wanting to throw down money on a guide just to hopefully catch something. Only problem Ive encountered is all the ones I find are 2+ people minimum. Im looking for a one on one guide if that even exists. Anyone have any recomendations? Im in the Seattle area. Oh and Im looking for a river guide, and Im sorry if theres anywhere else I should have posted this, I couldnt find a "guide" section.
Thank you,
I'm pretty sure any guide will take you out solo, but you're going to be charged the going rate for reserving the boat for a full day, i.e. you'll be paying for two.

drewser
Angler

Post by drewser » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:32 am

Thanks Mike, Ill keep looking into it. Seems like they are all around 3-4 hundred a pop. I just cant afford that much right now, trying to pay for my wedding. I was hoping for more like 150-200 if possible. Ill honestly just keep doing what Im doing and heading out there and trying on my own. Even though I havent had much luck, its still better being out there than anything else I can think of. Thanks again to you all. Let me know if you come across a budget guide service!
Drewser

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:12 pm

Just go up by highway 18 and cut your teath on sone humpies and firetrucks. Everybody up there will be tossing corky and yarn with just enough weight to get down.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Try PMing Curado on the board. He's a young angler who grew up on the Sno and Sky. I believe he's been a deck hand for guides, and he's looking to be a guide this year. Maybe he'll give you a discounted rate to get him started!

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:54 pm

I never fished that Far north I mainly stick to my area Rivers green puyallup and further south rivers.

if you ever head this way south I will be more then glad to help you out on the Banks I don't have a boat. but as always I can't gurantee a fish only to show how to fish these rivers I have caught alot of kings lately but cannot keep them on this river system. (Green)

they are fun to play a 15-25Lb king in on a 10lb leader useing the reel drag is starting to be a fun way to fish! more fun then horsing a fish in.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:08 pm

PM Sent
Last edited by natetreat on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

luisdabeast206
Petty Officer

Post by luisdabeast206 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:23 pm

drewser, please pm me..I fish the bank area of the snohomish and the sky. There are fish there, but sometimes they dont want to bite...What area are you fishing? if you are interested, we could meet up and fish a few more holes..let me know.. btw Nate do you fish the weekends?

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:09 am

I do. I fish often on the weekends. I try to do it every day even if it's just scriber lake across the street.