What kind of fisherman are you?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
MarkFromSea
Admiral

RE:What kind of fisherman are you?

Post by MarkFromSea » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:14 pm

Worthy of a bump back to the top!
A9 wrote:Can you please tell me how to catch salmon I really want to get one and can you also tell me what exact lure you were using and where you were fishing and what rock you were standing on and where exactly you casted?

All kidding aside, WHO CARES whether someone "knows what they are doing" or if they can "back it up and catch fish consistently?????"

I've always said the guys having the most fun are the best fisherman. The biggest thing that ticks me off about the internet fishing forums is all the bs and people who think they are better fisherman than everyone else. Don't like fishing for pinks or how they taste? Than shut up and don't piss on everyone elses parade. I hate seeing people make fun of someone for fishing for some certain fish that they don't think is worthy or when people make fun of the way someone fishes or gets skunked or doesn't have the skills they do. None of that matters.....

I've never paid for a guide nor have I entered into a derby. For me, fishing isn't about money or competing or being the best or having to back myself up by catching fish. I want to fish for myself, be amongst good company while doing it, and most importantly have fun. Having had a life changing experience of nearly losing the functionality of one of my arms has changed my perception on everything. Now I'm just glad that I can fish, for a while I wasn't sure if I would be able to have a functioning right hand. To be able to hold a rod now and enjoy everything I used to is all that matters.

I also want to help others learn to fish so they can enjoy fishing as well. I've taken fishing trips to some spectacular places and also have had some epic days out fishing, but some of my most fun and rewarding fishing experiences have involved fishing for species that most people would scoff at or with people who can't even cast or tie a proper knot... Nothings more fun than handing off your rod to someone who hasn't caught a fish all day or setting someone up with the right tackle and seeing them catch fish after you gave them the right gear or bait to fish with. My best outings haven't necessarily involved big trophy fish, but rather taking people out who don't get to fish much or haven't at all.... Like taking coworkers who've never caught a fish in their life to fish for pink salmon on the Snohomish river and watching them go from not being able to cast at the start of the morning to grinning from ear to ear after they've caught their first "salmon." Or teaching my younger cousins to fish on the shores of Lake Washington for the lowly yellow perch, sitting on a dock all afternoon and watching them fill up a bucket of yellow perch.

At the end of the day, this site shouldn't be full of people who are expert fisherman who know everything about how to fish and can back it up.. Walakes.com should be full of newbies who are looking to catch their first fish and its our duty to share whatever and any knowledge with them so they can partake and enjoy the sport we love so much. Mike would agree that he didn't make this a site for self called expert fisherman to compete and boast of their success, but rather a place for people to learn and share the knowledge they've gained with others who may or may not have the same skills they do.
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:42 am

Hahahaha FF . you said it like it is Bravo for you.Like I say I mind my business you mind yours.Hahaha
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

moto
Petty Officer

Post by moto » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:12 pm

this tread is getting better and better lmfao

Bass Woody
Petty Officer

Post by Bass Woody » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:40 pm

this thread is sure showing all the A holes. the title should be changed to what kind of PERSON are you.
LIP RIPPER

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:57 pm

Arent we're all on here for the banter.. FF comments are spot on, there is some that have nothing better to do than say "CHECK YOUR REGS". However arent we better fishermen for sharing stuff, anyways Pooh your orginal post is a whinning post, and it seems you dont like it when some says so.
Last edited by sickbayer on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seeking the violent take downs

Thunder jet
V8 309 pump
HAL the tr1 auto pilot
T8 high thrust
LCX 28 HD
Lowrance Broadband Sounder
Fusion for the beat
Penn 835's for the bang zone

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:57 pm

well as fisherman what are we. we are ambassadors of the rivers. we pack it in we pack it out. and people who snag and keep that fish is in the wrong. its hard to ignore. especially when you see it alot during the pink and chum runs.
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:00 pm

I know what your saying, i do, but its not like because you tell them your gonna call the warden on them means their gonna go buy some spinners and fish legally for the rest of their lives. It never helps, and causes anger and fights on the river. I say just let it be, unless its really worthy of calling the warden, like some guy netting 100 fish off the bank or something. So someone snags 2 fish and keeps em next to you, and you just caught your second on a spinner. U still each killed 2 fish that could have gone and spawned. its not snaggers hurting our fish populations. every person in our state could snag every day and we still wouldnt even catch half of what one native net kills in a week.
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:48 pm

fishenfreak wrote:I know what your saying, i do, but its not like because you tell them your gonna call the warden on them means their gonna go buy some spinners and fish legally for the rest of their lives. It never helps, and causes anger and fights on the river. I say just let it be, unless its really worthy of calling the warden, like some guy netting 100 fish off the bank or something. So someone snags 2 fish and keeps em next to you, and you just caught your second on a spinner. U still each killed 2 fish that could have gone and spawned. its not snaggers hurting our fish populations. every person in our state could snag every day and we still wouldnt even catch half of what one native net kills in a week.

good grief dont start me on how i feel about the native nets. lol
Seeking the violent take downs

Thunder jet
V8 309 pump
HAL the tr1 auto pilot
T8 high thrust
LCX 28 HD
Lowrance Broadband Sounder
Fusion for the beat
Penn 835's for the bang zone

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:38 pm

haha gotta love em:-" :-" :-" #-o

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

kenimes
Petty Officer

Post by kenimes » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:58 pm

I mostly fish for bass. Prefer the lakes and rivers I grew up fishing, because I know what works from experience. Will also see me fishing for Koks and all trout species when I can.

Mainly use this site to get some good ideas and feedback from others. Not here to imply that I know everything or anything in particular, but answer questions and help when I can.

Cheers!

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:50 pm

Wow this really got out of hand quick. My buddy called in a gilnet on a native steelhead river, no hatcherie. He saw about 50 big steelhead fillet out on the bank. Even took a ride with the warden to point it out, a six hour float. They did get the guy via sting.

Thats about the only time I would call the warden. Probably would never call in a snagger, unless they were really good at snagging and banking alot of kings or hos. Some people will I choose to mind my own bussiness, just works better for me.

What kind of fisherman am I? Im a fisherman that enjoys catching fish and just fishing in general. Back to the fighting if you will.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:26 pm

tnj8222.

good call. Unless someone is doing something like you said, netting tons of poor fish, just let them do what they wanna do. Calling a warden on a snagger is like reporting someone going 50 in a 35mph zone. Who really gives a crap how someone gets their 2 fish.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:43 pm

fishenfreak wrote:tnj8222.

good call. Unless someone is doing something like you said, netting tons of poor fish, just let them do what they wanna do. Calling a warden on a snagger is like reporting someone going 50 in a 35mph zone. Who really gives a crap how someone gets their 2 fish.
:clown: I play by the rules bud and I give a crap if I see an angler snagging fish or keeping a snagged fish.

Geezus is it winter already, I can't wait for Winter Steelhead.
"One more......."

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:03 pm

O.k., this has gone far enough. Comments edited and locked.
Last edited by Marc Martyn on Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:23 pm

yikes! First time reading this thread. Locked. Everyone take a chill pill and go fishing. I don't even want to sort through who said what to who.
Last edited by Mike Carey on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".