Fishin in the rain

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Norton360
Angler

RE:Fishin in the rain

Post by Norton360 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:31 am

Brian253 wrote:Prime example today, fished my spot pretty much complete blowout. more fish, less idiots. About 6 other guys there, we left with six chrome b-run coho all around 15 lbs. Right gear presented with confidence turned a storm into some damn great fishing. Throw some chum in the mix and its a good time!

Sounds like it was damn worth gettin a lil wet over. this might sound weird haha but your not the brian that lives in or around bonney lake and used to kickk it at BL skate park is it? you look hella familiar
"I frankly don't make much of a living, but I make a hell of a life fishing"

Brian253

Post by Brian253 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:48 am

Norton, yes that would be me around 5 years ago lol now I hang around the rivers

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:32 pm

rained all day on the green well most all day still a bunch of people I guess where they're fishthe local folks will come out. I cool guy in the river let my son reel a boot in when we got there. thanks if you are reading this that made his day since his dad Me can't produce anything on the river's.. I did get a nice big one that got me tangled in something out there. had an audience and all and had to bust the line as it was not coming in. man my heart broke saw it come up top of the water up stream then down then up then stayed in the middle where it decided it did not want to be tonights dinner. Pissed off had to rethink my game plan for tomorrow.

and thanks for all the advise out there fella's

Knotabasstard
Marc
and the others I didn't get your names thank you.

the advise almost paid off today
Proud member of http://www.WAGUNS.ORG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Proud Member of http://www.washingtonlakes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

follow my blog http://washintgonstatefishing.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

donman
Warrant Officer

Post by donman » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:47 am

Fished in the rain all day yesterday at Chico Creek here in Bremerton, had a blast. As long as I'm dry im happy is what I say. But yesterday, my pac lite gortex jacket sprung a leak somewhere and I was getting wet somehow, but needless to say I was happy anyways because of all the fish I was hooking into.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:41 am

One thing that isn't mentioned on this topic is to make sure your cell phone is protected from the elements. I just saved my 3rd phone in a year due to it getting soaked. I put my phone in my wading jacket thinking it would be fine, nope. When I got home, I stuck it in a bag of rice and 24 hours later: phone saved!! :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One more......."

bionic_one
Captain

Post by bionic_one » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:49 am

Pick up a DryPak. It's waterproof, you can still use touch screen and talk on the phone while it's in there, and it comes with a neck lanyard and small caribiner. $13 and zero worries for water damage. I picked one up for my Droid X a few days ago, and after testing it out in the sound I'm really happy with it.
Lee

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:52 am

bionic_one wrote:Pick up a DryPak. It's waterproof, you can still use touch screen and talk on the phone while it's in there, and it comes with a neck lanyard and small caribiner. $13 and zero worries for water damage. I picked one up for my Droid X a few days ago, and after testing it out in the sound I'm really happy with it.
Sweet, getting one...thanks man!
"One more......."

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:44 pm

bionic_one wrote:Pick up a DryPak. It's waterproof, you can still use touch screen and talk on the phone while it's in there, and it comes with a neck lanyard and small caribiner. $13 and zero worries for water damage. I picked one up for my Droid X a few days ago, and after testing it out in the sound I'm really happy with it.
That sure would beat my ziploc bag technique... Well except price.

Also had the phone get soaked this year but luckily kinda saved it (took it all apart and let it lay out for a few days in the house, then put it all back together again). Doesn't ring :-" but works.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

dmangler69
Petty Officer

Post by dmangler69 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:59 pm

jens wrote:One thing that isn't mentioned on this topic is to make sure your cell phone is protected from the elements. I just saved my 3rd phone in a year due to it getting soaked. I put my phone in my wading jacket thinking it would be fine, nope. When I got home, I stuck it in a bag of rice and 24 hours later: phone saved!! :cheers:
I tanked a digi camera and my phone last year.
takes one to know one