NASTY GREEN COW PUKE Update?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
kinghunter
Warrant Officer

RE:NASTY GREEN COW PUKE Update?

Post by kinghunter » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:30 pm

jens wrote:Kinghunter and I fished the Squal last night. Not much to report except the 3 Chromers that came unbuttoned by KH :cheers: :cheers: . 1 due to the idiot across the river and 2 because of his leader somehow breaking? I spent most my time trying to untangle 4 nests in my Curado #-o ](*,) ](*,) . Pretty slow for bobber/eggs :-$ :-$
Hey bud,

It was like good old times. Thanks for the tips on B/E. I was pretty pissed off about that guy casting over my fish, his hook cutting my leader. I'm thinking they were about 40+. I felt bad for you man, constantly messing with your nest problem, I wanted to ask you if you wanted some eggs for it. But I admire your persistence and not giving up. It was good to see you again bud.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:36 pm

kinghunter wrote:
jens wrote:Kinghunter and I fished the Squal last night. Not much to report except the 3 Chromers that came unbuttoned by KH :cheers: :cheers: . 1 due to the idiot across the river and 2 because of his leader somehow breaking? I spent most my time trying to untangle 4 nests in my Curado #-o ](*,) ](*,) . Pretty slow for bobber/eggs :-$ :-$
Hey bud,

It was like good old times. Thanks for the tips on B/E. I was pretty pissed off about that guy casting over my fish, his hook cutting my leader. I'm thinking they were about 40+. I felt bad for you man, constantly messing with your nest problem, I wanted to ask you if you wanted some eggs for it. But I admire your persistence and not giving up. It was good to see you again bud.
When your bobber went down, I wanted to cast over your line. Oopsies!! but luckily that guy across the river did it for me! I'll hook you up with that cure when you get a hen, just let me know.

I am fishing friday morning you know the tee time. Go big or go to work...
"One more......."

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:21 pm

Fished the Nasty couple of times and I've seen most fish caught early morning and late in the evenings. After about 10am, it really dies down. But then around 5pm it starts to pick up. I went 3-6 and 2 were native, so donated them to the gill netters. No silvers for me yet, but I did see some caught but they were pretty small around 5#s or less. I think the netters are out tomorrow so good luck.

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:45 pm

Any silvers? Any river?

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:34 pm

kinghunter wrote:Any silvers? Any river?
I will be getting to the Green for coho somehow and soon when they open the stretch up to 277th tomorrow:)
Maybe tomorrow maybe this weekend. Gotta work though tomorrow. Maybe a morning shot:-k Need to find out where the buggers hang out in thta stretch... PMs welcome LOL. Hmm, do I bring the ladder too:scratch: ?...
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:16 pm

was at the nasty this morning, hooked into 3 silver an landed one of them (course it had to be the only one i butt hooked) that was 10 or 12lbs. saw lots of silvers being caught early down on the base side
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:40 pm

Green has been pretty slow for most. Since last Friday I have fished every day but 1. I have seen maybe 50 fish jump/rise in that time period, probably less. I have seen less than 10 people fishing. The week before that I fished the entire week. There was way more fish and way more fisher people. Between me and my buddys we caught 3 silvers, 1 king, had 2 on, and missed about 10 hits, and we thought that was slow lol.

Tomorrow really opens more possibilities. The nets come out at noon, good tides in the morning and we get to fish an extra stretch of the river. This stretch, at the very least, is a great staging area for fish, but has some excellent holding areas peppered in through out the stretch. Been doing some scouting and like what I have been seeing. The sand bags will be tougher to get over for some, but there is still plenty of areas to fish w/o sand bags. Making the lunch and getting all the gear squared away, plan on spending the whole day down there, I guess being laid off does have its perks......

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:33 pm

Any news for the Green or Nasty? Just checking since I haven't seen any new updates in the report or forum. I have heard alot of boots being caught down at the Cow, but not much silvers.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:12 pm

kinghunter wrote:Any news for the Green or Nasty? Just checking since I haven't seen any new updates in the report or forum. I have heard alot of boots being caught down at the Cow, but not much silvers.
Living vicariously here, it seems the Green/Duwi has been getting a few coho here and there. I hit it a little while back lower down but have not caught any keepers (coho) yet. I MIGHT try it this Sunday by 3 bridges since it'll open. Debating on it. If I hear it's crowded Saturday I likely won't at least not at 3 bridges. Gee what are the chances of that LOL.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:29 pm

how is the fishery off of hwy18 anygood I wanted to go tomorrow morning and try and catch my first salmon 3 months I am growing tired of spending money and not cathing anything lol
Proud member of http://www.WAGUNS.ORG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Proud Member of http://www.washingtonlakes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

follow my blog http://washintgonstatefishing.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:54 pm

dicinu wrote:how is the fishery off of hwy18 anygood I wanted to go tomorrow morning and try and catch my first salmon 3 months I am growing tired of spending money and not cathing anything lol
lotta fish, mostly too dark, some chromers and a lot guys.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:04 am

Did alittle fishing and scouting on the green yestertday. Only fished about an hour and didnt even see 1 rise. Spent most the time drifting and had something bump into my weight. There was 2 HUGE chum dead on shore. 1 looked like it was caught/cleaned just for the eggs [-x .

Went higher up and the water was LOW and CLEAR. Really tough fishing it looked like. Not a whole lot of cars on the Green for the fishermen. But once up above by the car body hole there they were. 35 cars at the bridge/pumkin patch. Would have expected more cars for a sunny friday.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:52 pm

Same story with me yesterday, hit the green at the soccer fields and didn't see a jump. Did see a moldy silver in the shallows. Went downstream in Tukwilla and nothing!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Norton360
Angler

Post by Norton360 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:18 pm

I arrived at the Nisqually river at around noon, only about 3 peoople at the Mounts Bridge. 2 people on the military side and me on the civilian. No fish anywhere, even the gillnetters were coming up empty. It seems like the Nasty is blown out, I didnt see a roll or a jump anywhere the 6 hours I was there. Finally around 6 decided to call it a night, the pouring rain and thunder that started gave me the push I needed to go home. Don't get me wrong had fun just being out on the river but it's just not doing so well. Last years silvers were insane on the Nasty and this being my first time hitting it this year was very dissapointing. Seeing as we normally slay fish on that river. Maybe they are farther up or still waiting to come in from the bay? Either way there was nada today.
"I frankly don't make much of a living, but I make a hell of a life fishing"

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:24 am

I been hearing the NASTY has really died down, so now everyone is waiting for the chum run. But I have heard the silvers are starting to come up in the Cow. You still catch some old boots but people are also catching silvers, and they are bright chromies. I would definitelly try the Cow and with all this rain I think will push even more fish up. Most people use about 1oz cannon ball and about 10 ft leader, use about 12# or higher leader.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:26 am

I fished up by the Auburn Golf course. I got a slam but not a serious one enough to set the hook.Windy wet and chilly. Hello Mr. Winter.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:44 am

kinghunter wrote:I been hearing the NASTY has really died down, so now everyone is waiting for the chum run. But I have heard the silvers are starting to come up in the Cow. You still catch some old boots but people are also catching silvers, and they are bright chromies. I would definitelly try the Cow and with all this rain I think will push even more fish up. Most people use about 1oz cannon ball and about 10 ft leader, use about 12# or higher leader.
Drove over it this morning, high, dirty and no one fishing.
"One more......."

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:53 am

Is the PUKE finally open again? Anyone fishing there today? When do the netters come out?
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:58 am

Oh yeah it should be open now. Not sure if you can keep anything other then chum though. I think Im gonna call to make sure. I dont wanna get in trouble.
More fish please!

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:12 am

I called just to make sure no other emergency closures in effect. And it is back open normal rules. However the carbon is still closed I believe until dec 1st.
More fish please!