Grimes Lake

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
raffensg64
Commander

Grimes Lake

Post by raffensg64 » Fri May 28, 2010 7:15 pm

Fellas, some buddies and I are making our first trip to Grimes Lake for Lahontan cutthroat next week. I am just trying to gather some more info than what I've been able to find already. I've posted the same under the "trout" forum but am double-tapping here....maybe my fly fishing brethren can be of some assistance! Is it a deep lake, where we should expect to need sink lines or tips? What about access from the south, around Jameson Lake? Everything I've read thus far talks about coming in from the north, from Mansfield. Just wanting to make sure there's no blocked road/locked gate on the south. Thanks!

Raff

Outjack
Angler

RE:Grimes Lake

Post by Outjack » Sat May 29, 2010 6:18 am

There was a locked gate coming from the south around Jameson lake earlier this year. I think through Mansfield is your best bet.

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”